Never have I felt so disengaged from the England Cricket Team

Bopara, one of the best limited overs players in the English game, a guy who can hold that title for the last half a decade, has been bounced in and out of the side like a yo-yo.
He's one of England's all-time most capped ODI players... there is no way you can say he hasn't had his chances. Talented, sure, but the numbers show he wasn't indispensable.

If you look at most County sides, you'll find plenty of white players who could never establish themselves in the England squad for various reasons. It's just not easy to establish yourself in an international XI, regardless of skin colour.

This is becoming like South Africa just without actually reasons to be colour sensitive.

Would like to be a fly on the wall when Strauss, KP and Harrison get together tonight.

Given KP met with Harrison & Graves before foregoing the IPL contract, if Strauss shuts the door on his return tonight Harrison's position would be untenable.

I was just checking Swansea and Arsenal match on BBC Live Text and saw a "BREAKING NEWS" post that KP has been told he won't be picked for England again. 326 Not Out appears not to be good enough.

Colin Graves did a good job of getting Yorkshire back to the top, but it already seems like he's out of his depth, or being undermined. What the hell is going on at the ECB? Whilst I'm sure KP can do without the money he would have made from the IPL contract he cancelled, it seems grossly unfair on the fans who would have wanted to see one of the best batsmen around at the moment.

I am trawling through my family tree to see if I have any cause to support another Nation...so far I've found a South African Great, Great Uncle and a 4th cousin from New Zealand!

to me always the the way the ECB have acted in his sackin was unacceptable, after his 8000+ runs for the team not considering t20 wc and odi runs. You dont put a black mark on the player and sack him even if he may be personally unlikable thats for other team mates to crib in their auto biographies not for a national board to use as a scapegoat. At the end of the day thats what matters, KP didnt get what trot or swann got, imagine if Cook has said 'KP was our match winner so and so but we are dropping him wile we blood young players and let him get his knee rested and find some touch back in the game'. I dont think KP would have minded that as much or either of us.Instead they end a his glorious career as if he was osme plague on the team ungratefully.

Even now ECB are failing to give that bit of dignity to one the great careers they produced.I guess till they give a closure to this it will be hard for fans.

But why ... you have a super series against a top Kiwi side coming up soon. I for one can't wait for this to get underway.

Why the pessimism now. Win or Lose is part of the sport, but what a series that promises to be. So why all the gloom suddenly.

I dont think loosing is a prob form ENG fans they have easily seen through some very lean periods ardently supporting their team, i guess its a connect issue as i have stated above from my little understanding of whats happening though i could be wrong.

I dont think loosing is a prob form ENG fans they have easily seen through some very lean periods ardently supporting their team, i guess its a connect issue as i have stated above from my little understanding of whats happening though i could be wrong.

Yeah, I understand that English fans feel that in the past two years or so, ECB have not been doing the best and most of the selection has been on agendas no one quite fully understands, or does, and thats frustrating.

But come one, we have had a thing called the BCCI running, our cricket forever, and we seem to do just fine :D

But why ... you have a super series against a top Kiwi side coming up soon. I for one can't wait for this to get underway.

Why the pessimism now. Win or Lose is part of the sport, but what a series that promises to be. So why all the gloom suddenly.

I don't know what you mean. I am confused by your comment because I know you follow cricket avidly, and you must surely see that pessimism is due.

It has nothing to do with winning and losing, it has to do with the way the ECB is being run.

But come one, we have had a thing called the BCCI running, our cricket forever, and we seem to do just fine

lol we dont know we might have a downtown lurking somewhere waiting for the right moment to drop kohli for abusing dhawan :p

come to think of it we did have a bit of that when chappel was ruining it all for the senior players but atleast the team stuck together though and got against him though a bit late.

Last edited:
ECB have been doing an excellent job of acting like the WICB since KP was sacked.

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean. I am confused by your comment because I know you follow cricket avidly, and you must surely see that pessimism is due.

It has nothing to do with winning and losing, it has to do with the way the ECB is being run.

No I get it that ECB is not making the best of decisions, but this if the perfect opportunity to let off field matters remain in the background, and keep the focus on a super super series coming up, against the Kiwis.

This is when off field matters cna be forgotten and fans unite behind the team. Thats what I am saying. Now is not when to be pessimistic.

Strauss: No England recall for Pietersen | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

I liked this interview. Two of the best brains in English cricket in Atherton and Hussain asking questions that are related to the point. However, the answers were as pathetic as I expected. Throwing around words like trust, culture, vision is not going to help if you do not have players who can deliver at the right time.

Strauss said that Pietersen is not banned but he is not just part of the plan for summer made me think that they might go back to him for 2016 T20 WC in India. However, I feel that this is the last inning of Pietersen in England. I don't think he can trust England again with the way he was treated this time. He might choose to stay and make ECB look even more stupid by scoring even more runs but I don't think that will happen and he will be off to India next week.

Last edited:
Leaving Friday for the IPL and then going off to the CPL for the most of the summer anyway.

He's one of England's all-time most capped ODI players... there is no way you can say he hasn't had his chances. Talented, sure, but the numbers show he wasn't indispensable.

If you look at most County sides, you'll find plenty of white players who could never establish themselves in the England squad for various reasons. It's just not easy to establish yourself in an international XI, regardless of skin colour.

It's not simply that, its the fact that he has been bounced in and out of the team and playing 120 ODIs in the modern climate is not good enough. The fact that he is a very good fielder and a good containing bowler who often ends partnerships meant he should have been a mainstay in the side.

Users who are viewing this thread