What would you change in cricket?

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
People want to introduce ball tampering and chucking. I fear for the future of the game I love, it'll be dead in 15 years besides this home run derby called T20

S

Satan666

Fast bowlers are too limited, allow them to bowl 4 beamers per over. Fast bowlers are soon becoming an unsustainable sect in cricket. Even Steyn cant recover from injury now.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
You could also significantly fix this by reverting to the old 'fair foot' rule. Pre 1961, a fair delivery was determined by where the back foot landed, it had to land behind the bowling crease, the front foot had nothing to do with it.

When they introduced the front foot law it introduced the jump and much more of a 'shocking' action to bowling. Which has contributed to the rise of injury.

The old rule also has the benefit for umpires as it's easier to see the back foot and it gives you more time to focus on the pitching, movement, impact etc.

Someone actually just wrote a book on the topic, when I get home I'll link articles about it.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

You could also significantly fix this by reverting to the old 'fair foot' rule. Pre 1961, a fair delivery was determined by where the back foot landed, it had to land behind the bowling crease, the front foot had nothing to do with it.

When they introduced the front foot law it introduced the jump and much more of a 'shocking' action to bowling. Which has contributed to the rise of injury.

The old rule also has the benefit for umpires as it's easier to see the back foot and it gives you more time to focus on the pitching, movement, impact etc.

Someone actually just wrote a book on the topic, when I get home I'll link articles about it.

Wow! Very interesting that old rule. Very much appreciated would love to read those.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd get rid of T20 garbage and have Australia play against England, South Africa, New Zealand and the West Indies in 5 match test series except in England which would be 6 tests

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd get rid of T20 garbage and have Australia play against England, South Africa, New Zealand and the West Indies in 5 match test series except in England which would be 6 tests

Oh thank god. I thought I was only one who thought India deserves better and should probably stop playing Australia from now on.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would eliminate the DRS. On every appeal umpire should go to 3rd Umpire :p so it will be fair and square to all teams.

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Great idea, maybe if the administrative idea for the 12 test team system goes through maybe they can have a test tri-series between the bottom team in division one(made up of 9 teams) and the top two in the second division(made up of most likely Zimbabwe, Ireland and Afghanistan) and the winner goes in the first division, while the bottom two go to division two with the twelfth placed team. Maybe the ICC could make the tri-series 4 days to make it a bit more interesting for the plastic T20 fans.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not so much as change, rather add.

I would really want to see the sport including in the Olympics. Will increase audience, sponsors and provide better cricket around the world,

D

Deleted member 46200

I would make Danny Morrison the main commentator in any media feed and let him do the coin toss.

D

Deleted member 46200

I would really want to see the sport including in the Olympics. Will increase audience, sponsors and provide better cricket around the world,

Yes good idea you should chat to @vc-the-slogger about this little chestnut.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You desperately need a time machine to the 80s

Users who are viewing this thread