Ashes Cricket General Discussion

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Still can't get the ball to swing out compared to the previous patch. Pretty annoying. Inswing is fine but outswing does not want a bar of swinging.

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I appreciate the developers are trying hard to make this game better but there are few things which I guess were a lot better in DBC 17 (I am playing Ashes 2017 at Legend Difficulty, with sliders turned off, latest patch for PC):

1) First of all it wasnt possible to play all balls on the up and not getting a single edge in DBC 17,in Ashes 2017 even if I play as Ireland I rarely get edges against the likes of top bowlers, I can hit them for drives and cuts at will which takes a lot away from the game. Its unreal if we compare it to real test cricket where almost more than 50% of the wickets are catches in slips or keeper.

2) Secondly AI just hits 4s and 6s at will in T20s, it doesnt look like a proper match where no matter how good you ball AI is always going to take you for a boundary at will irrespective of the conditions. Making bowling harder can be based upon bowling timing, line and lengths rather than giving the AI batsmen supernatural abilities.

Something in terms of it being a cricket game is missing something big time.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
what do you play on? Veteran?

Pro for ODI

Veteran for test.

I still struggle on Pro in ODI ... Perhaps I am trying to get wickets too much. I'd just love for it to be more of a risk when AI batsmen try and hit the ball for six.

Is there any scope for this being looked into? I know other people have issues they want fixed...

D

Deleted member 185125

Pro for ODI

Veteran for test.

I still struggle on Pro in ODI ... Perhaps I am trying to get wickets too much. I'd just love for it to be more of a risk when AI batsmen try and hit the ball for six.

Is there any scope for this being looked into? I know other people have issues they want fixed...
What bowling difficulty are you on?

D

Deleted member 185125

Still can't get the ball to swing out compared to the previous patch. Pretty annoying. Inswing is fine but outswing does not want a bar of swinging.
I'm getting good amount of swing, if I hit the light green (perfect timing) on foot and release. Again pitches also matters, grassy worn has been better for swing. But still lesser in comparison with 1.07.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I use medium, on hard the AI scores regularly above 200 in T20.

Do you ever find you get them out when they are going for the big shot though? Bowled or caught in the deep?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Not even one caught in the deep. Few play and miss while going for the big shots.

Yeah that's not good enough for me.. Back to test cricket for me.. At least one format rocks

D

Deleted member 185125

Yeah that's not good enough for me.. Back to test cricket for me.. At least one format rocks
Haven't tried much Test after the new patch. T20 on hard batting and medium bowling on Legend is pretty challenging but the run out bugs and nerfed shots makes it really hard to actually enjoy the game.

Users who are viewing this thread