Your Cricket What was your first experience with cricket?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Mine was when i watched the 2005 series between India and Pakistan, when i was 6. In the first match i watched, Shahid Afridi struck a 45-ball century.

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
2014 i got shocking interested november 2015 lost interest 2016 WC T20 got interest

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Mine started in 2011 CWC. I did not liked any sports that time. Once my father told to watch, it was between IND vs ENG. When the match was tied, I asked my mother whether both teams will get the trophies ? She replied no it is group stage

After this only I started playing Cricket. :)

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When I was around 3 I was watching a test match (think England vs SA) and I was watching Graeme Smith bat and at that point I decided that I would become a cricketer...

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Somewhat, when I was 8, I was just a blind supporter of my country and when I heard from somewhere that Bangladesh has defeated us and we're out I was really upset and later on in the same tournament I watched the full game between Australia and South Africa(2nd Semi) and was siuporting Australia (coz my dad is one of 'em :p). Since then my interest became increasing. Now I'd say apart from Ramadan I really work hard on swinging the ball in to the right hander and I'd say I've been in full flow while swinging away!

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
The World Cup final of '03. Australia clobbered India. That was the first live cricket match I ever watched on TV, though I didn't become a regular until the '05/06 season. Good times.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I don't remember the first match I watched. But, the first match I remember watching was India vs Kenys in LG cup 1999. I am sure that was not my first experience because, a player called Vijay Bharadwaj won the game for us. He became my favourite player after that match ( to be precise, only for that series). Before that match, I was fan of Ganguly (he is my favourite player). So, I would have watched Ganguly play before. But can't remember when. So, my first match I remember watching is this-

4th Match: Kenya v India at Nairobi (Gym), Sep 29, 1999 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Mine was like 2013 Champions Trophy in the final England vs India and I was really right into it. It was a really close game and I was feeling the tension. I loved cricket ever since.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I hated cricket till 2012. From 2013 Champions Trophy, I started blind following of all cricket matches.... And the rest is history

Users who are viewing this thread