Anyone else sick of people bashing Test cricket after every high scoring draw?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The crowds for the India-NZ tests in Hamilton and Wellington were superb, especially on the first day at the Basin Reserve.

Yeah they were pretty good last season. The test matches were pretty packed out the season before when England toured also.

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
The plain facts are that only Australia and England draw crowds to home test matches. I dont ever remember a big crowd in any test in SA, NZ, Pak or SL. How can tests survive in those countries if the pitifull crowds that are showing up continue being the norm?
agree when we Pakistani watching a test match mom comes and say wow world cup is there that's the story or sister ask is this Pakistan vs India (lol).
the matches aren't happening in Pakistan another story.
even when matches happens in Pakistan test match people don't go as they are too busy or say expensive ticket.
sometimes say test kon dekhta hay (who watches test cricket)

P

pcfan123

that was really poor comment:noway

Not really, its usually negative cricket and playing for records. Long drawn out affiars that rarely end in a decision. Nothing like the rippers that are played in Eng/Aus/SA, even NZ has great matches due to their pitches/condition.

Robelinda

International Coach
Its rare that there are long boring draws in Eng, SA or Australia, very rare. Always seems to occur in the sub continent or the WI.

King Cricket

International Coach
There was a time when India-Pakistan test matches used to be as exciting as the Ashes, if not more. But thanks to the quality of pitches, rising political tension between two countries and hoards of other reasons- the picture has completely changed in the recent years. You can't blame the Indian crowd for not turning up, when the pitches prepared these days are of pathetic quality and have nothing in them for the bowlers; resulting in the matches almost always culminating into high-scoring draws.

hacker

Club Cricketer
Not really, its usually negative cricket and playing for records. Long drawn out affiars that rarely end in a decision. Nothing like the rippers that are played in Eng/Aus/SA, even NZ has great matches due to their pitches/condition.

But you can't expect same condition in every part of the world...thats the nature....you hv to make adjustments to the conditions....i think that is what TEST cricket all about..

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hate test matches in and between sub-continent teams....

I concur, South Africa in India a few years ago was one of the most painfully boring test series I have seen for a while and just looking at the Cricinfo updates I wouldn't be watching India v Sri Lanka if it were telecast either.

Users who are viewing this thread