ANYONE KNOW ABOUT GBB FILES ?

Ben

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wonder whether there is anyone who knows anything about GBB files ?
as if we could read/change these,we could alter a load of the gameplay stuff.

Hari

School Cricketer
There's one file in the cricketgames site which boasts an ingame team editor .Any clue who did that he hasn't given any contacts.That guy has edited GBB/GBT files
it's editor.zip on www.cricketgames.com downloads

Ben

Club Cricketer
I don't know who did that , there doesn't seem 2 be any clue on the readme or anything.
Although I'm not sure exactly what GBB files are for now , I tried playing after i deleted 'TEXT' and 'TEAM NAMES' files , but didn't make any difference.
What I am really interested in is the files that u can change gameplay stuff like weather and number of overs a day and stuff , I thought these were GBB files , but I'm not so sure now.

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
I think that the gbb files are the background menu pics and the text on the menu.

Ben

Club Cricketer
So does anyone know what files have gameplay stuff like , LBW decisions , weather , pitch conditions etc. ??
Are these the GBT files ??
If someone could find out about these that would make the game a whole lot better..

Hari

School Cricketer
GBT files are the script file they contain position of the buttons which are packed in to GBB files .GBB files are compressed 16 bit files because check the loading screen though all screens are 640*480*16 bit the files size differs this is because the files are compressed.

GBB file format looks something like this

HEADER - 512 bytes
PACKED color triples in 16 bit (compressed)

mostly run length encoding

1bit transparency 5 bits BLUE 5 bits GREEN 5 RED

I would suggest something if people could change the contents of the GBB file and find a change in colour which can be suitably related we can crack the format

Any one knows programming even VB would do mail me

Users who are viewing this thread