C2002 POLL

C2002 POLL

• International statistics only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • International + First Class (state/county stats included)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sonic

Guys, I need your help. I'm updating the squad rosters for C2002, which will hopefully be uploaded to the site, but I'm not sure whether to include solely the international stats of players, or to include their first class statistics aswell in order to give a more accurate bearing of a players' career performance.

i.e Brett Lee's test bowling ave is 30, his combined ave for test + first class is 27, but what would you prefer to have? his international record or overall career record?

Many players have only played a few games (i.e james anderson) so its hard to just base their performance solely on their international stats so would it be a wise idea to incorporate stats through a players whole career? It would take me a bit longer to incorpate as I'd need to wipe my database clean and start fresh. But perhaps players stats would be more realisitc. What do you think? :unsure:

B

bomber

Good call Sonic. I think with players that have played more than 10 or 20 International matches are fine to use there current International stat's.
Player's such as Anderson, would be better to add there First Class stat's as you mentioned. to work out a more realistic average.

ZeeL4J8C2

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeh but there is no first class cricket in Cricket 2002 onl international so only international stats should be used.

U

UnderTaker

sonic,
i think u should include international only.. the newcomers can be given an average onsidering their first class performance

including both international and firstcalss might make the player skills unrealistic(may be graeme hick will be the star :) :) :) )

thanx
UnderTAker

S

sonic

yes UnderTaker, i was talking to bomber on msn and he thinks that I should have International only, but for players who have less than 10 caps to include their first class record as well, which I think is the best way. I shall begin the roster overhaul shortly. I'm assuming everyone on the forums already has the kit update from vineets WCEXP so i see no need to include them, but if you guys want that for convenience then its no problem, but I won't be doing the squad names on the shirts as its tedious really :rolleyes:

S

sonic

Graeme Hick :lol: Oh my GOD...Please! He really was not very good was he, a great county player...but International...nah... :D

Thanks to everyone for their votes and comments

regards
sonic

S

sangamm

International statistics only!!!
First class is good for ICC games only!

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
does anybody want to guess the number of minutes before he get banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread