changing commentary

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>I am using Tom Hicks player editor v2 and I am having trouble getting the commentary names to change

When I select a player, then select media options, I get the option to play the commentary sound (I think)

However, the size of the wav file always changes to zero bytes when I click on the play sound option and no sound is played. Consequently, when I try to change the wav file, I always get message saying "file is not zero bytes in size" (or something similar) and my attempt is unsuccessful.

Can anyone advise as to what is going on ? ???

Thanks</span>

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
I don't have any idea though there are certain constraints in the editor, say comm file shouldn't exceed certain KB and so.
Those are annoying, but why it's like that? !:]

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid14'>hey zim

I think there is no prob with the editor.note,you have save files in "Microsoft ADPCM ,22 khz, 1 Mono, 4bit sample,89kbps".actually the editor patches the names.pak file in Soundlists
ames,so the there is restriction of bytes.so always save the .wav file 1 or 2byte less to the original.backup the names.pak file also.if this did'nt work, just patch it manually.btw wat software you use for edit/save?i am using soundforge 6.

sam</span>

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
thanks guys

I cannot even play the original sounds of players that came with the game. The files I am trying to now use are 2 Hinds wav files that come with KillaSticky West Indies update patch

However, as I cannot even play the default player name sounds, I certainly cannot select a new file to use.

When you first open the media options, the message <file unknown> appears where the players filename should appear. After pressing the play sound button, it automatically changes from <file unknown> to 0 bytes ?

Very strange

Sam what do you mean by patching the file manually ? ???

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Zim, maybe your names.pak file has got corrupted ?
Try re-installing the game or specifically the names.pak file.

By manually patching Sam means the combursome procedure that is listed @ http://www.cricket2002.tk by Vineet(look under the tutorials section).

Ritwik

Users who are viewing this thread