changing video screen

wasi786

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
can anyone tell me how can i change the default video of EAsports in video screen with any other video as that suxs and i have 2 turn that off
:help

niranjannpai

School Cricketer
Which video

Which video screen do you mean.
The intro one where the logo is shown or the video where the players are shown playing in the game.

wasi786

Club Cricketer
The video where players are shown playin the game It looks like **** showing EAsports and rugby

voldemort

International Coach
Solution

that is easy wasi. Go to c:/Program Files/EA Sports/Cricket2004/Data/Movies and replace vidscreen.m1v with the video that you would like to replace it with.If you want to close it just make a black screen movie and save it as .m1v using virtualDub(i think it is possible) and replace vidscreen.m1v with this one .the name of that file should be vidscreen.m1v or else it won't work

voldemort

International Coach
If the video is mpg or any other thing rename it as (filename.m1v)

vibs89

School Cricketer
By the way the video is not mpg is mpeg i've tried earlier to change the video by replacing the original couldn't happen also the video which i replace is mpeg but still couldn't happen u need to have he correct sizes

Dhoni

School Cricketer
I know vibs i also tried it, it doesn't work.

vibs89

School Cricketer
It can work but u need to have correc sizes and correct file of mpeg then it will surely work and also its not necessary about the length u can add for 10 seconds or 20 seconds it doesn't matter

wasi786

Club Cricketer
hi voldemort i tried that but its not working If u have ny video of same size n format then plz attach it here it will b nice of u

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
I just would like to add, I have try this and I now have just over 3 hours of music playing in game, as long as you save it as the right file type you can have anything you like

niranjannpai

School Cricketer
Another solution

Follow the steps to change intro video where the players are shown playing atomatically.
a) Select any media file (I have tried only .mpg, .mid, .mp3, .avi)
b) Open it with media player 9 or higher and click File -> Save media as
inpc.mpg
c) Replace this file with the original in Cricket2004\Data\Movies folder
d) Create a backup of the original file (not necessary.)
e) Have fun. You can hear the music during the intro instead of the long video of cricket.

It doesn't matter whatever the file size may be.
I have used a 30Mb mp3 converted file and it worked fine.
But the more the time, more will you have to listen the music before starting the game. So you can just skip that and instead put the music durig gameplay as I have explaned it in the previous thread.
Size doesn't matter in any of the cases.

Last edited:

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I've tried all these long back but the game crashed when I changed the Intro vedio with another vedio

Users who are viewing this thread