C'mon Zimboks!!

vetts

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England innings (50 overs maximum)
ME Trescothick c Flower b Streak 38 (38)
VS Solanki c Ebrahim b Streak 1 (3 )
*MP Vaughan c Taibu b Ervine 13 (22)
RWT Key b Price 11 (37)
A Flintoff c Blignaut b Marillier 53 (89)
A McGrath run out (Friend/Taibu) 14 (42)
R Clarke b Blignaut 23 (39)
+CMW Read c Brent b Blignaut 23 (32)
RL Johnson not out 0 (0)
AF Giles not out 1 (1)
Extras (b 2, lb 2, w 7, nb 3) 14
Total (8 wickets, 50 overs) 191
DNB: D Gough

Bowling O M R W
Streak 9 1 30 2 (3w)
Blignaut 8 0 53 2 (2nb, 2w)
Ervine 8 1 26 1 (1nb)
Friend 1 0 14 0 (1w)
Price 10 2 20 1
Marillier 10 0 30 1
Flower 4 0 14 0 (1w)

Well the zimboks are playing sweet, despite being written off by everyone. The boys are really standing up. The spinners really had there hand around the poms neck with some great bowling, and Streak and the boys are really giving it a good shot. I know their batting seems thin at the moment, but hopefully they can get their heads down and finish off a good performace with the bat. GO ZIMBABWE!!!

J

jonah

2.4 overs...3/2...

What's that Millwall song? "No-one likes us, we don't care!"...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jonah's leading the way with the England flags.............

england13.JPG

J

jonah

LOL :D .That's my boys!!
Back to the match, Zim pushed on to 39/4 (14.1). New guy Matsikinyere has played a few shots, and is there with Flower. Could be a close one if these two stay together, although on a difficult batting wicket there's more edges flying about than in one of Ravi's 'extra edges' patches ;) ...

vetts

Club Cricketer
Young Stuart Matsikenyeri going alright. Him and flower have reached the 50 run partership... slowly upping the rate..... it could be a good finish. For the sake of cricket, lets hope zimbabwe win.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Originally posted by vetts@Jun 26 2003, 04:12 PM
For the sake of cricket, lets hope zimbabwe win.
Speak for yourself

For the sake of my sanity, let's hope England win....................... :D

vetts

Club Cricketer
Well, they nearly got the 100 partership up... great knock by Matsikenyeri. Flower's still in, batting with streak. Zimbabwe require another 80 runs with 5 wickets and 17.1 overs remaining... with flower and streak in, and blignaut to come.. it's definately do-able.

vetts

Club Cricketer
Zimbabwe require another 49 runs with 5 wickets and 60 balls remaining! They're gonna do it!! What a recovery... c'mon fellas.... Grant Flower is a champion!

J

jonah

Yep, Zim (babwe not rahil ;) ) in the box seat, needing 25 off 36. Great recovery by them and what a knock by Flower.

vetts

Club Cricketer
_808960_celebrate300.jpg

Great win!!! Grant Flower was brillian with 96* (deserved to get a hundred), Matsikenyeri played brilliantly for such a young guy under so much pressure (came in a 4/15!!) to get 44 (55), and Sean Ervine gave good support at the end to get 26 (25). What a good performance by the Zimbabwean's!! 2 overs to spare... good on 'em.

K

killa_stiky2002

I guess that will shut up their critics won't it. I've always said people put too much pressure on both England and Zimbabwe and also I've also said that Streak and Flower will lead Zimbabwe to wonderful victories. Surely they'll both love Ahktar sometime soon :D

J

jonah

Well played Zimbabwe..great fightback, especially Flower. Also credit to Price and Marillier for their bowling. I still say that England should never have let them recover from 15/4 (you wouldn't get Aus or SA loosening the grip), but hopefully that's something that Vaughan as an inexperienced captain and a young team in general will learn.

But Ashley Giles...what the? Compare his bowling and figures to Price's. Giles just doesn't do it for me , I'm afraid :( ...

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by killa_stiky2002@Jun 26 2003, 06:04 PM
I guess that will shut up their critics won't it. I've always said people put too much pressure on both England and Zimbabwe and also I've also said that Streak and Flower will lead Zimbabwe to wonderful victories. Surely they'll both love Ahktar sometime soon :D
CORRECT!!! :D :P B)

Users who are viewing this thread