Don't buy it

catdad2001

U19 Cricketer<br><a href="http://www.planetcricket
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well friends i have icc 2002 and u cannot call it a game even.it's ridiculously easy.After playing the trial version i tellu there's no difference between 2002 and 2005.so save ur hard earned money for a better game.

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
catdad2001 said:
Well friends i have icc 2002 and u cannot call it a game even.it's ridiculously easy.After playing the trial version i tellu there's no difference between 2002 and 2005.so save ur hard earned money for a better game.

Well I agree with you on that dude.Only the databases have been updated

Also if all goes right I might just have the database copied from 2005 to 2002.
Will post you all with anything new.

GMILLS

School Cricketer
2005 100% all these people saying dont buy it because its only a database update need to have a good look at themselves okay the face of the game hasent changed but thats because we change something that cant be improved and its got loads of new things on that 2002 hasent 2 overseas players, Bangladesh, Scotland, 20/20, Teams updated (England better etc.) so its deffinately miles better. And all these people who say dont buy it then dont complain if there isnt a cricket managers game in the future because it will be all down to people like u why there wont be one

SteveG

Club Cricketer
ICC2005 is NOT a new version of the game, it is only an update with a few bug fixes and a couple of additional features.

If you dont want to part with $45 (or 18 pound) then don't...and keep playing 2002, thats your perogative...personally, I thought it was a worthwhile update.

I'm sure we will see an on-going committment to fixing errors in the database...now how many of you can put up your hands and tell me how many fixes have EA provided? NONE!!!

Jus

School Cricketer
It's worse than 2002. Because it's FAR FAR FAR too easy.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Just tried the demo version. Is it the real demo? Not just someones mod of ICC2002 that there trying to flog.

I havent played this game since the original ICC which was ACC here so its been about 4 years since i last played.
Theres alot of new features that i like but i gotta agree it seems far too easy my very first shot at the trial version in ashes series i scored about 680, then bowled england out for about 480, made them follow on and bowled them out again and just had to make 19 runs with 8 overs remaining on the final day to win.
Finished with 4 overs to spare if i had of known you could change length aswell as line i prob could have bowled them out and won by an innings.

Was a nice exciting finish so im hoping the pitch conditions were in my favour and i wont be making those kind of scores every game coz i was really looking forward to this.

Also it seems they havent updated the graphics at all they look very outdated and im pretty sure they look worse than ACC.
Is there any way to change graphics? maybe im supoosed to configure it somewhere coz i cant remember them looking that bad.

Would be great if they could make an aussie addon with the state teams and series.
I miss being able to control the Western Warriors and Australia :hpraise wont enjoy it as much having to control an english county side and England :boxing

tdurbo

School Cricketer
Well I downloaded the demo, paid to unlock it, and absolutely love it. Don't start knocking it, its better because its slap-bang up to date. If you love ICC2002 you'll love this even more. With this and Cricket 2005, my summers sorted. Thats my 2p's worth

Sureshot

Executive member
They have Flintoff down as a RMF for crying out loud. He bowls 85mph averages who is that medium fast. McGrath is medium fast.

joem87

Club Cricketer
i know that is bad, but at least he's not RM like he was in ICC 2001, that was crazy!

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Sureshot said:
They have Flintoff down as a RMF for crying out loud. He bowls 85mph averages who is that medium fast. McGrath is medium fast.

There are a few inconsistancies in the up-dated database, but there is thread over at cricketgames.com that is collecting them for the developers to fix. At least we will get them fixed promptly.

Users who are viewing this thread