FOOTBALL Football Manager series

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't have gamepass so no new version for me. I am not a buyer I wait for free versions.
I got to change my laptop so started a new save with some database changes. Started a Indian domestic save, still in preseason. Would be fun to do a low budget team because I mostly play as Manchester United.

I have to be completely honest I don't know how to assign scouts in new versions, so they do their own thing on their own.
I believe they made way too many redundant screens in this one.

I am a very bad observer of little things and wouldn't notice much. I am simpleton I had fun good, I didn't bad.

Let me know how the save goes... my first save was with my hometown in an edited Indian database. Gave up on it because of several data issues in the file but I'll probably fix them up and try a new save once the realism pack is out and I forget the experience I had at first. It's been years since I went completely low budget too, I'm currently managing Newcastle in a new save as they were the first 'big' team that gave me a job and they've got plenty of money, nothing like the save I did ten years back with them that was probably my most favourite save across every FM for the sheer fun. I'm thinking of either doing a youth academy challenge with certain modified rules to allow for fun or a journey through multiple countries/leagues as a Hodgson like figure once the realism pack is out. I've managed United on multiple occasions in previous FMs and I've always ended up with a super team because of their sponsorship money and strong academy giving them a massive lead in the long run over everyone else.

I've never assigned scouts in the newer versions too... but this one I might start doing again. All you need to do is set recruitment focuses which work similar to FIFA's and are very easy to set up finally. The recruitment meetings are also much better this time around with meaningful suggestions. You're spot on with the redundancy of so many screens.. it feels like we're simulating a corporate manager's life at times with the tedium and that is my biggest bugbear with the series at the moment. It's just too much clicking till we get to the fun parts.

I definitely think you'd have fun with this version... hopefully you manage to snag it soon! :)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
After absolutely smashing FM19 with a career through to 2040, and then FM20, playing a fairly lengthy career through to 2032 where I took Sheffield Wednesday to the Prem then created a football factory at Ajax Cape Town in South Africa I've now moved on. 20 was a hoot, trying to bring through quality SA players, send them to Europe to develop and seeing if I could improve the National Team. It's all here, if anyone is arsed: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/522749-fm20-from-sheffield-to-south-africa/

Anyway, after a reasonable lay off, I'm now on FM23. Bought it about a month ago. Downloaded the Tier 10 English database and started a game unemployed with zero experience and no coaching badges. Got a job at a Tier 8 side, Brighouse Town, and thoroughly enjoying myself.

Junior players on like, a fiver a week. My top earner in my first season was on about £130 a week ha!

One thing I've noticed is the array of in depth stats in this one, the analytics, and how Gx is embedded in literally everything. I get the use of it all, and it's application, I'm just an old school kinda guy :-)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After absolutely smashing FM19 with a career through to 2040, and then FM20, playing a fairly lengthy career through to 2032 where I took Sheffield Wednesday to the Prem then created a football factory at Ajax Cape Town in South Africa I've now moved on. 20 was a hoot, trying to bring through quality SA players, send them to Europe to develop and seeing if I could improve the National Team. It's all here, if anyone is arsed: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/522749-fm20-from-sheffield-to-south-africa/

Anyway, after a reasonable lay off, I'm now on FM23. Bought it about a month ago. Downloaded the Tier 10 English database and started a game unemployed with zero experience and no coaching badges. Got a job at a Tier 8 side, Brighouse Town, and thoroughly enjoying myself.

Junior players on like, a fiver a week. My top earner in my first season was on about £130 a week ha!

One thing I've noticed is the array of in depth stats in this one, the analytics, and how Gx is embedded in literally everything. I get the use of it all, and it's application, I'm just an old school kinda guy :-)

The xG stat is often meaningless if that’s what you’re worried about. You can safely ignore the rest of the data too if you want but they’re also useful if you do want to delve deeper and devise a better tactic.

Users who are viewing this thread