Grant the right man ?

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Following Sunday's Carling Cup final defeat to Tottenham a number of Chelsea fans have not been slow in issuing frank appraisal of Avram Grant.

And the word emanating from the Stamford Bridge faithful is that the club is going backwards under the Israeli tactician.

Grants' win-to-game ratio is not dissimilar to Jose Mourinho's but in the match-ups that matter, against the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United, and Sunday's final, Chelsea have been found wanting.

His decision to employ Nicolas Anelka in a wide berth and only utilize Joe Cole in extra-time at Wembley caused more than the odd raised eyebrow, but are Chelsea fans judging Grant too soon?

Is Grant the man to regain the title for Chelsea, or is he out of his depth ?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_3197755,00.html

no. He will be gone because the chelsea fans think they are so brilliant because they have a rich owner. The only reason he had the job is because he's Abrmoviches bitch and now it looks like wherever Mourinho goes he could take a fair few Chelsea players with him because they're all arguing.

grant will stay he will get sacked if they win zilch next season

no. He will be gone because the chelsea fans think they are so brilliant because they have a rich owner. The only reason he had the job is because he's Abrmoviches bitch and now it looks like wherever Mourinho goes he could take a fair few Chelsea players with him because they're all arguing.

Probably not, but who cares!!!!!! :p :D ;)

Rijjkard will be in over the summer. As will Ronaldinho, and Chelski will start playing the football that Abramovich wants to see.

He was never the right man.

No charimsa and Chelsea are playing even more boring football.

When someone like Mourinho has left, Grant has not measured up. The Chelsea fans expect more than he's delivering.

Tbh, I think he has done a pretty decent job considering the circumstances under which he took charge. I actually feared that the season would fall apart but we've been fairly consistent and I really dint think we would be withing shouting distance of top spot in the Premiership.

Yes, I agree that Chelsea havent done well in the big games, and that is something that he needs to look at, but, irrespective of what happens this season, I think we should give him another shot for next season.

I think its pretty obvious Abramovich wants Chelsea to play like Barcelona but that is not something that happens overnight. I think this time next season would be a good time to make a judgement.

He's not exactly had much to do. He's played almost the exact same team and formation to Mourinho, Chelsea need new ideas at the club, and someone whos going to make them play real football, not this boring crap that they play atm. You could argue that it's been effective, but only against teams that they should beat, in the big games they've played poorly; with Grant playing a big part in helping Spurs winning the Carling Cup, who doesn't play Joe Cole ffs ?

No, although he hasn't done a bad job. I would say Frank Rijkaard is the man for the job, would be great to have him over.

Why would i dream of Chelsea playing winning and exciting football ? I support Everton, and also have the hots for United, always have, don't know why, so the last thing I want is for Chelsea to start to really perform.

Why would i dream of Chelsea playing winning and exciting football ? I support Everton, and also have the hots for United, always have, don't know why, so the last thing I want is for Chelsea to start to really perform.

1000 apologies my friend, I assumed you supported Chelsea by that post. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread