ICC Tweak the the rules...

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why let the batting captain do the fielding captain's job?

Why add another fielder? Do they want to make it boring?

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
Too bad only about half a billion people disagree with you. ;)

No, it really is boring - an abundance mindless hitting and one-sided matches are really no match for a nice tight contest, even if it isn't the best teams on show. For example the only game that was exciting throughout in the World Cup was England vs West Indies: two teams who performed pretty hopelessly.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
That's more down to poor tournament organisation than all one day games being one sided. While I prefer test cricket I wouldn't say One Day cricket is dull. In fact it can be more exciting than the longer game even if it isn't so tactical.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
That's more down to poor tournament organisation than all one day games being one sided. While I prefer test cricket I wouldn't say One Day cricket is dull. In fact it can be more exciting than the longer game even if it isn't so tactical.

I agree with Kev, the WC was poorly organised but the matches usually in OD are anything BUT dull.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I find English ODI cricket boring, but domestic and other international odi's can be massively entertaining. Test Matches is where its at though :D

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
No, it really is boring - an abundance mindless hitting and one-sided matches are really no match for a nice tight contest, even if it isn't the best teams on show. For example the only game that was exciting throughout in the World Cup was England vs West Indies: two teams who performed pretty hopelessly.
Since when did World Cup 2007 become the be-all and end-all of One Day cricket? It really isn't boring and your opinion doesn't change that. There are millions of people around the world who actually find ODI cricket pretty exciting, and even if you are in the top 1% of the world's population in terms of intelligence, the number of people who find ODI cricket interesting still outnumber you.

There have been so many thrilling ODI games in the last two years itself. Only a month before the World Cup we had Australia tour New Zealand and there were a couple of high-scoring chases that were far from one sided.

As for claiming ODI cricket is boring because most of the games are one-sided, I think your analysis is completely incorrect. In ODI cricket lesser teams have a better chance of winning than in Test cricket. Take the example of Bangladesh. They almost beat India in the first ODI match but were blasted in both test matches. Also, England just recently annihilated the West Indies and I cannot see how that would have been exciting to watch unless you were an England fan.

Users who are viewing this thread