Introducing the Drag 'n' Drop Field Editor

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think ea arnt to far away form making a good game if they can just get the gameplay better, but codies are beyond a joke

manee

Chairman of Selectors
i think ea arnt to far away form making a good game if they can just get the gameplay better, but codies are beyond a joke

What do you mean 'if they can just get the gameplay better', the gameplay is the main part of the game.

lancashire666

International Coach
true, i ment that some features such as the bowling work quite well, but unless you use a patch you wont get any edges. and once you use the stroke variation patch the batting is a bit better but lacks the amount of shots which are going to be included in TAOC. if it wasnt for patchers i wouldnt play it

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Game made by the fans right? so,they're too people like us having more ideas in their mind on how to make a cricket game much much more better and they make it as everyone wants,not as EA/Codies Who make and throw their cricket games Lazyly on us,So,basically it will be a hot hit game when it releases.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

I agree, if EA use the game as patched by planetcricket as the basis for Cricket 08. If they go with their own formula then I disagree most vehemently!!

SAFC

School Cricketer
It's a good innovation. Just don't give too much away or you may end up being surprised when this crops up in the next ea/codies effort.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If Codies/EA ever visit this forum, I'd imagine to see a whole raft of features nicked from this game!

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
If Codies/EA ever visit this forum, I'd imagine to see a whole raft of features nicked from this game!
Things That are present in EA that are NOT present in TAOC / Codies cricket series :-

1.) First Up, Plain And Simple - Realistic gameplay !!

2.) Realistic physics. The cricket ball will move realistically.

3.) Stat-Tracking.

4.) View replays of your favourite moments!

5.) Awesome batting includes many different strokes on the front and back foot.

6.) It is the first game to pioneer a stamina system for batsman which recreates the fatigue which is part of a long innings.

7.) dew factor For ODIs in the subcontinent. That is, it would favour the side batting second under lights.

8.) players like tendulkar / symonds can bowl medium pace, offspin etc.
so if we select part-time bowlers, there would be an option to choose whether we want to bowl leg / off / medium etc.....

9.) McGrath would bowl 80% of his deliveries in the similar area becuase he is very consistant with his bowling. where as brett lee would bowl 65% on the proper line.

10.) There Would be tentative pushes by the AI which will result in more edges
and a bowler like mcgrath can take advantage of his seaming ability.

11.) We would be able to select any headgear (cap,helmet etc) in between overs from
the menu.

12.) Player likenesses. Witness the Tall & skinny Mcgrath bowling to the Short & chubby Tendulkar.

13.) totally free cam can be used to select any default camera angle view and also in replays, no restrictions to angle or zoom.

14.) You can choose the people that will umpire your match from the official ICC panel.(will be available via patch)

15.) Dynamic weather conditions and lighting effects. It may begin to rain and it will get darker throughout a day!
And not like TAOC where the rain continues throughout the day

16.) Duckworth Lewis system

.Mob

International Coach
You mean that are present in TAOC and not in EA/Codeis?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
This is just how it was in EA Cricket 2000. And this was one of the reasons I loved that game.

Users who are viewing this thread