IPL Corruption- Jadeja, Raina and Bravo, CSK

S

Satan666

There has been in the news recently of a 2013 letter from Lalit Modi (former IPL Commissioner) surfacing accusing three players from the already suspect CSK ( Ravinder Jadega, Suresh Raina and Dwayne Bravo) team of taking bribes to allegedly perform in poor taste.

What is disturbing with this development is that recently Anurag Thakur (BCCI Secretary) gave the players a clean chit when there are indications arising that the matter possibly was not even investigated fully by the ICC Anti Corruption branch.

Below are some links to the subject at hand:

Three players have been paid Rs 20 cr each, alleges Modi - Cricbuzz
ICC and BCCI need to be more transparent - Cricbuzz
ICC confirms receipt of Lalit Modi's email - Cricbuzz

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And you think Raina underperformed in IPL.[DOUBLEPOST=1435720064][/DOUBLEPOST]Modi is s**t (not the PCPL one :p)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yep read this one. Very fishy indeed. I was skeptical about it initially because it has come from Modi who is a snake but ICC confirmed it too

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"In the wake of recent media reports about me, I would like to make my fans around the world aware and clear the air that I have always played the game in right spirit and with utmost integrity," the statement said. "I have never been involved in any wrongdoing and all allegations against me are false. Playing cricket is my passion for whichever team I have represented. I'm also figuring out my legal rights to take the right steps ahead in this matter."

I believe he is one of the gentleman of this game.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I kind of misunderstood the article posted earlier about ICC giving them a clean chit. It sounded like ICC/BCCI had given them a clean chit without doing proper investigation.

But looks like investigation was done since ICC passed on the issue to ACSU and then they were given a clean chit.

Raina just doesn't seem like someone who would indulge in such acts. Just on face value, seems like a genuine guy. So did Cronje, but still ...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Automatically cleared apparently? Another BCCI buyout?

Like the articles say, BCCI forwarded info to ICC which followed protocols and passed it on to ACSU for investigation which cleared them. Pretty straightforward imo

And BCCI maybe the spawn of the devil for most people, but their stance of fixing so far has been quite impressive. First board to hand out life suspensions to high profile players like azhar and jadeja while the investigation was ongoing, while other boards were busy protecting their stars

S

Satan666

Like the articles say, BCCI forwarded info to ICC which followed protocols and passed it on to ACSU for investigation which cleared them. Pretty straightforward imo

And BCCI maybe the spawn of the devil for most people, but their stance of fixing so far has been quite impressive. First board to hand out life suspensions to high profile players like azhar and jadeja while the investigation was ongoing, while other boards were busy protecting their stars

If the BCCI really are the guardians of cricket how about they weed out the bookies as we all know the majority of them originate in India. And Mr. BCCI can you tell us why the BCCI continually run the IPL when there is rampant corruption afoot?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Lol @ Mr. BCCI

I never said they are the guardians of anything. They are no monks for sure and they are definitely not above corruption, but I don't see how they can control the bookie population considering they are a sports body with limited powers not a law making or judiciary body.

Users who are viewing this thread