IPL IPL Season 4 Fixtures

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just noticed that every team plays 14 matches, and we have 10 teams. So, can somebody explain the format please?

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Each team have to play with 9 teams.
So with 5 of the teams they will play couple matches and with other 4 they will only play once totaling 14 matches.
Hope its clear with you now.

Varun

ICC Board Member
How are those four teams decided, or which are those four teams? There aren't any divisions I suppose.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
How are those four teams decided, or which are those four teams? There aren't any divisions I suppose.
Don't know the exact answer, but they would have made the schedule in such a way that its fair with all 10 teams.

----------

Just searched in Google and found out this.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Each team owner was asked to pick up some colored balls during the auction and the divisions were decided on the basis of the ball picked up by the respective team owners.

10 teams are divided into 2 groups of 5 each. Each team plays twice against the 4 teams in it's group and also with 1 team from the other group. Then they play just once against the remaining 4.

(5*2 + 4 = 14).

The groups are:
Group A: Deccan Chargers, Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Mumbai Indians and Pune Warriors India
Group B: Kolkata Knight Riders, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings.

Users who are viewing this thread