Is Lara the second best of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
dkp131 said:
EVERYONE: LARA PLAYS FOR HIMSELF AND THAT IS WHY HE HAS CREATED THIS MANY RECORDS
sACHIN PLAYS FOR HIS COUNTRY AND YET HE HAS CREATED THE RECORDS THAT WILL PROB NEVER BE BROCKEN BY ANYONE

bevan was good. but he was way behind sachin in terms of how long he had played and how many odi's he had played. and dont be racist, just cuz sachin is not from australia, england or any othe rwhite countries.

So because someone disagrees, they are being racist, that has to be the biggest load of tosh written yet!

I would go as far as to say, considering no more than a few people outside India have said Sachin, that you yourself are looking at this entire arguement with prejudgement. "Sachin is Indian, therefore he is the best ever." I'm sorry to use the next comment, but it is something I strongly believe.

Football is the biggest sport in England, and as such nearly everyone in England has an opinion on Football, although most of them chat rubbish. Now apply the same thing to India and cricket. You may have the most fans in the World, but that does not by a long way mean they make the most sense, if anything it just increases the amount who chat rubbish, and have a very blinkered view on World Cricket.

Also Lara playing for himself? Again just highlights your ignorance, Lara, through his batting talents has single-handedly kept a sense of pride in West Indies Cricket despite the fact that he has had a dreadful side around him. Chances are if the Windies declared in recent years to try and bowl a side out a day and a half, they'd end up losing by 10 wickets. Laras achievements have almost allowed them to paper over the fact that it is the worst generation of West Indies cricketers ever.

I've made my points again and again in this debate over the last few pages, and everytime only an Indian fan has reponsed with some rubbish about stats, which if your going to use only highlight Bradman as the best. Or quality of bowling attacks being poor in his day, and quality in Sachins, again a load of rubbish. I think it's time I stopped bothering replying, as at the end of the day it's like talking to a brick wall.

Hope I haven't offended any sensible fans with this post, as there are definately more than a fair share on this board.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Here puddleduck, I got these articles from the websites!!!!!!

"You just can't fox Sachin," the wily off-spinner Muralitharan said.
"I've always thought he's the best batsman I've seen or played against," said Ponting.

I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel!" says Don Bradman about Sachin

Steve Waugh also said "You take Don Bradman away and he is next up I reckon."

I think MURALI,PONTING,WAUGH,BRADMAN are all not Indian fans praising Sachin NOR they are talking rubbish....

They are the cricket heros praising the truth!!!!!!!

Everyone not only Indian FAn but also in different parts of the world know wht is truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Mate yet again your posting stats or articles that actually have people ranking Bradman higher than Sachin, you really do make me laugh lol

I have never said Sachin is not a supremely talented batsman, most likely in the top 5 or 10 of all time, and in the top two of his generation. What he is not however is the best of all time, that honour as Steve Waugh in your post above says, falls to Bradman, then once you remove him, it becomes merely a matter of opinion based on styles and technique, and most likely who you saw play most.

Why can't people just enjoy the fact that they got to watch Tendulkar and Lara play instead of constantly trying to "place them" in some list that essentially means nothing?

Sorry, and I know I said that last post was my last, but you even in your post say "you take away Don Bradman, and NEXT UP is Sachin." Really did make me laugh out loud :)

You can post what you want from now on, if someone else fancies taking up the baton of defending the greatest batsman in history, they can feel free to do so :)

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
puddleduck said:
Mate yet again your posting stats or articles that actually have people ranking Bradman higher than Sachin, you really do make me laugh lol

I have never said Sachin is not a supremely talented batsman, most likely in the top 5 or 10 of all time, and in the top two of his generation. What he is not however is the best of all time, that honour as Steve Waugh in your post above says, falls to Bradman, then once you remove him, it becomes merely a matter of opinion based on styles and technique, and most likely who you saw play most.

Why can't people just enjoy the fact that they got to watch Tendulkar and Lara play instead of constantly trying to "place them" in some list that essentially means nothing?

Sorry, and I know I said that last post was my last, but you even in your post say "you take away Don Bradman, and NEXT UP is Sachin." Really did make me laugh out loud :)

You can post what you want from now on, if someone else fancies taking up the baton of defending the greatest batsman in history, they can feel free to do so :)

I agree!

People just cannot keep quiet. It is a disease that has been plaguing humans for over several centuries. We keep saying "our thing, our player" is the best. I hope the time has come when we stop it.
Sachin better, Lara better, Richards better, XYZ better is all based on opinions.
When great's comment on tendulkar, it is a great honour for Sachin...NOT YOU.
Then why on earth DO you care? (PS..not intended for anyone in personal, just as a whole!)

There is a reason why Lara, Sachin, Richards and other greats shy away from comparisons. They know comparisons mean nothing, at the end of the day.

The best thing we can do is watch and enjoy their cricket. Remember...most people watch cricket for entertainment...not to spend hours and hours debating on who is the best batsmen/bowler...and wasting their and other's time.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Murali and Ponting never played Bradman/Richards/etc..
Bradman won't call himself the best
Waugh said NEXT UP after Bradman.

But why waste our time. I enjoy watching Lara, you enjoy watching Sachin. The end. Lara is my best, Sachin is yours.

langerrox

International Coach
beautiful summary, its obvious were all biased towards our countrys best eg ponting lara tendulkar, just enjoy what they do and stop bickering over it!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
surendar said:
Here puddleduck, I got these articles from the websites!!!!!!

"You just can't fox Sachin," the wily off-spinner Muralitharan said.
"I've always thought he's the best batsman I've seen or played against," said Ponting.

I think MURALI,PONTING,WAUGH,BRADMAN are all not Indian fans praising Sachin NOR they are talking rubbish....

They are the cricket heros praising the truth!!!!!!!

Everyone not only Indian FAn but also in different parts of the world know wht is truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True he is one of the best batsmen in the world.In my opinion the best number 2 batsman in the world is Gavaskar.Not cause he is an Indian.
I also rate Richards,Llyod and the West Indians as great batsmen.
The ones we are talking about are still a long way from them not taking away their credentials though. :cool:

no_remorse28

Club Cricketer
M I NO RUNS H.S AVG BF SR 100 50
Tests 121 214 6 11204 400* 53.86 18506 60.54 31 46

to me the fact that Lara has only 6 not outs in his career innings tally of 214 ses something to me, not sure what it is though though but i guess to maintain an average that high with only 6 not outs is a bit freakish

And i also beleive when lara makes up the 103 ODI game difference between him and tendulkar he will have just as many hundreds as the little maistro

In my view to compare two completely different players is unccalled for they are both the best of there time but in different ways, Lara exciting and very attacking and Tendulkar very patient and watchfull. Rather than have to choose 1 as better i wouldnt mind having them both in the same catagory as each other and that is the best of there time. To compare to players of different eras is to hard as we do not no how they wouldnt of went against bowlers of different times maybe bowlers of older times may of exploited these batsmen better then ones of time its just to hard to no

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Definately freakish.
He has been a part of a depleted team (no offense to west indians)
a team which has not picked up and to contribute so substantially is awesome,just terrific.Any player would need support from the other end which Lara has not got in the last 8 years atleast.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Best conclusion is , as one of my friend says, EVERYONE HAVE THEIR OWN BEST PLAYER IN THEIR MINDS!!!!!!!! its not a suprise even if someone thinks TAIBU is the best...its his/her own likings......Even Sachin has said in some article that he doesnt like comparing him with others becos each one have their own way of playing!!!!!!
SO ITS BETTER TO ENJOY CRICKET THEY PLAY!!!!!!

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
surendar said:
Best conclusion is , as one of my friend says, EVERYONE HAVE THEIR OWN BEST PLAYER IN THEIR MINDS!!!!!!!! its not a suprise even if someone thinks TAIBU is the best...its his/her own likings......Even Sachin has said in some article that he doesnt like comparing him with others becos each one have their own way of playing!!!!!!

Then why did you do all those posts...trying to prove Sachin is the best? :cool:

Enjoy cricket. That is the most we can do.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
i just want to reveal the truth(Sachin is the best) but i realised tht its of no use as noone can hide the sun(i.e its not possble to hide the truth tht Sachin is the best!!!!!but i think most of the people hve negative view against Sachin wantedly!!!!) The truth wiil be revealed automatically as just how sun rises everyday automatically!!!!!!!
Then i decided to enjoy cricket.....So i m enjoying the cricket now....India Vs England....WOW...Pathan and Sreesanth bowled beautifully.....Come on people Enjoy cricket!!!!!!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
surendar said:

Spot on and thus this thread is going no where so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread