Letters From Home : A story everyone can connect to

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Letters From Home
A Story Everyone Can Connect To?

Summer of 1978, a man named Adma is caught in Las Vegas for driving too rash. The police do a quick check on him, to see if he has some earlier criminal record. They find a man named Adma in Las Vegas, they start getting ahead of their selves and ask the man about his surname. The man replies ?Susa?, the man who they were searching for, who had criminal records, had the exact same surname.

4 years later

Adma Susa is caught for rash driving and for having earlier criminal records and serious ones at that, mostly robbing a bank. Adma, 4 years earlier, tried to convince the cops that he was innocent, he demanded a lawyer, wasn't given one until the next 2 years. He finally gets a lawyer, not a great one but at least he gets one.

He hopes he gets justice. 2 years pass by and nothing, not even a hearing date. Who is this Adma Susa though? A COMMON MAN! Not a criminal or robber? NO. Amazing, isn?t it?

Adma Susa has a family in New Jersey, the day he was jailed, he tried his luck at gambling to see if he can win some money for his poor family but luck, that day, was obviously not with him.

Adma?s parents died when he was very young, about 5. Childhod for Adma was tough but his uncle took good care of him and his brother and sister. He had a 3 year old brother and one younger sister, 2 years younger than Adma. You must be wondering, what happened to Adma?s brother and sister when he was arrested? Well, they were not allowed to see Adma. The only connection they had with Adma, was through the letters they wrote. Adma, 4 years ago, was 32.

Adma would with great anticipation, wait for the letters from his brother or sister. His little sister had grown up and began a career as a model. His older brother was married, had 2 kids, on after Adma was arrested. He sold hot dogs at the road-side. Didn't earn much and expected too much from his younger sister, which resulted in a lot of fights at home, back in New Jersey, where they now lived. Adma?s sister used to tell him about these fights through the letters she wrote and Adma used to read them being helpless.

Adma used to often say to himself ?One day will come; when I shall be free, with these walls not around me, with this wind fresh flowing around me, with my family near me, with my heart pumping again, with me starting to breathe and live again?. No one knew how Adma felt, no one. A simple innocent man, was put in jail for committing a crime as minor as rash driving for which at max, his license should have been cancelled. Why he was rash driving, you might ask! He wanted to go to the Arthis Hospital of Las Vegas, as soon as possible because his elder brother was having his first child.

Life?s cruel, that?s what Adma used to think. He used to believe that this is the worst that can happen to him, now whatever shall happen, the journey shall be happier.

To be continued?.​

PS : Just trying something new. Writing a story for a change, that is not based on any sport. I'll try and be innovative with this and while everything might not make sense, the storyline will keep on building as this story progresses. Suggestions/feedback's are highly appreciated. I hope you all have a good time reading this, cheers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread