Line up changes in career mode

JButlerUK

Club Cricketer
Hi All

Has anyone else had issues with the lineup in career mode?

I have a career with Yorkshire and i have edited the lineup to include Joe Root, where possible if he isnt playing for England, but the game decides to drop Andrew Gale (the captain) for some reason and instead puts Ballance as Captain.

I changed the line up again in the academy and saved it but its not changing in career.

When you start a career is the lineup etc fixed then? Do i need set the line up back to default then restart a career?

Please help.

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi All

Has anyone else had issues with the lineup in career mode?

I have a career with Yorkshire and i have edited the lineup to include Joe Root, where possible if he isnt playing for England, but the game decides to drop Andrew Gale (the captain) for some reason and instead puts Ballance as Captain.

I changed the line up again in the academy and saved it but its not changing in career.

When you start a career is the lineup etc fixed then? Do i need set the line up back to default then restart a career?

Please help.

Yup, you got that right - Once you start a career playthrough, the lineups are fixed. You will need to make the desired changes to the lineups and then start a new career if you need to see the changes reflected.

JButlerUK

Club Cricketer
Why isnt it using my line up then?

Its changed it.

Only issue i can see is that Gale the C, was no 5, my batsmen was no 5.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why isnt it using my line up then?

Its changed it.

Only issue i can see is that Gale the C, was no 5, my batsmen was no 5.

Yes - so if you bat Number 5, you replace whoever is there normally. If that's a person you don't want replaced, you should move your team's lineup around so that someone you _do_ want to replace is listed at number 5.

Note that some teams have more than one batting lineup (for the different formats), so you may need to change things in more than one place.

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you playing as a part of the same team whose lineup you edited? If so, then you might see things change a bit as the game has to accomodate you in the team. It does so by dropping the player at your batting position in the initial lineup and picking you instead. If the dropped player happens to be the captain or the wicketkeeper, the game will assign those duties to someone else.

--------- Edit : @ellgieff beat me to it :)

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Personally I think you should be allowed to make changes to a side at the end of their season (players, kits etc). Teams do change after all.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I've just realised while playing that I changed some teams kit colours without changing batting pad colours.......

Oh well. Yet another career start again for me then.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Personally I think you should be allowed to make changes to a side at the end of their season (players, kits etc). Teams do change after all.

Lots of us would like this. I'd like it even further if there were generated players, players retiring, lineup changes for "form" - even injuries if they have to happen (MLB: The Show has this. It's tremendously frustrating sometimes just simming until your boy is well again)

The problem with allowing players to change the lineups is the possibility that people will mess things up - say, deleting a player that the game expects to be available. It's hopefully something for the next iteration.

Users who are viewing this thread