Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Another absolute trouncing.

View attachment 231920 View attachment 231921 View attachment 231922 View attachment 231923 View attachment 231924

I'll hopefully be back a little later for the last two warm up games. Might try streaming to Twitch.

Isolated XI v The Lazy Borises
P9 Panthers v Montreal Midgets

So happy this is a warm up! Gayle, Williamson, Van der Dussen, Pollard and Marnus barely made 20 runs between them. Thank you Vernon Phillander for making us look a little more respectable!

Those 12 Fine legs look a decent side..

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Has anyone been able to identify any trends from the matches so far?
First ball boundary, yes (new bat often starts with a boundary).

Overuse of the twisty cut shot +. Guessing ai is looking for a gap and boundary so plays that through backward point.

Scores have been fairly varied though. Two over 200. Although no very close finish and the team batting first has always done well. 165ish was lowest score (but that was yours and did defend easily). Think defending or chasing is about 50/50. One team bowled out so far.

And at some point a player will start doing a Mark Wood (edging half their shots).

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

Overuse of the twisty cut shot +. Guessing ai is looking for a gap and boundary so plays that through backward point.

Scores have been fairly varied though. Two over 200. Although no very close finish and the team batting first has always done well. 165ish was lowest score (but that was yours and did defend easily). Think defending or chasing is about 50/50. One team bowled out so far.

And at some point a player will start doing a Mark Wood (edging half their shots).

It would be interesting (well, interesting to me, but maybe not to others) to do some data analysis on the way the AI plays. However, the amount of data provided by the game is very small, so any analysis wouldn't be meaningful. Maybe in a future version of the game.

D

Dutch

First 6 overs going for 60 is pretty set in stone as well

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Hmmm, are you sure @Dutch

c5e70a59df8d26402e9b374c0063df73.jpg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
First 6 overs going for 60 is pretty set in stone as well
Not always. There has been at least one where they were about 45 I think.

But it would be nice to see more teams going big in different ways. Just hitting hard from the outset vs saving up wickets. Pinch hitters at the top, control in the middle or pushing a big hitter up the order if there are fewer overs left.

I know ai v ai isn't what the game is for but I'd say some of the insights must be useful. Seeing the AI try a little dab or reverse sweep instead of the cut. There hasn't been any advancing down the wicket.

It just comes back to what I think is missing, more varied team strategies and more varied batting strategies. Some batsman will always be looking for their big shots they won't be playing shots not in their repertoire unless they're desperate.[DOUBLEPOST=1587919036][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmmm, are you sure @Dutch

c5e70a59df8d26402e9b374c0063df73.jpg
:lol

Users who are viewing this thread