Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
First ball boundary, yes (new bat often starts with a boundary).

Overuse of the twisty cut shot +. Guessing ai is looking for a gap and boundary so plays that through backward point.

Scores have been fairly varied though. Two over 200. Although no very close finish and the team batting first has always done well. 165ish was lowest score (but that was yours and did defend easily). Think defending or chasing is about 50/50. One team bowled out so far.

And at some point a player will start doing a Mark Wood (edging half their shots).
The thing I observed after playing lot of AI vs AI T20 matches is that use of twisty cut shots is very less in just Grassy pitch. In all other pitches AI tries to play this shot a lot.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Does anyone know how as a human player we can play that shot?
I've played it twice and both times I don't know how I did it. Might be aggressive or lofted on the back foot.
The thing I observed after playing lot of AI vs AI T20 matches is that use of twisty cut shots is very less in just Grassy pitch. In all other pitches AI tries to play this shot a lot.
Yeah, my match was on a grassy pitch and it hardly happened. I think the grass pitch alone is just very low bounce so the cut isn't on.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
This was the closest yet to a last ball finish.

56 off 18 the Panthers needed. It looked well and truly over. Then Wayne Parnell hits Ashwin for six fours in one over. Gets a seventh in the row in the next. But they just fell short when the hapless Ashwin returned and managed to keep them from getting the winning runs in the last over.

If you check the scorecard you will see who the man to blame is. Sounds like Beorge Gailey.

1028630_20200426213805_1.png 1028630_20200426213806_1.png 1028630_20200426213808_1.png 1028630_20200426213809_1.png 1028630_20200426213810_1.png

ameyp9

Club Captain
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
This was the closest yet to a last ball finish.

56 off 18 the Panthers needed. It looked well and truly over. Then Wayne Parnell hits Ashwin for six fours in one over. Gets a seventh in the row in the next. But they just fell short when the hapless Ashwin returned and managed to keep them from getting the winning runs in the last over.

If you check the scorecard you will see who the man to blame is. Sounds like Beorge Gailey.

View attachment 231932 View attachment 231933 View attachment 231934 View attachment 231935 View attachment 231936
Bailey is officially dropped for the remainder of the tournament

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I am probably going to shuffle the matches around to suit people in different time zones. So it'll probably Group A Match 3, Match 2 tomorrow morning with Match 1 in the afternoon/evening.

I'll do it by home side preference, so if anyone has any time requests I can always try to work out around it but there's no guarantee. A lot of it will depend on how I am feeling myself.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I am probably going to shuffle the matches around to suit people in different time zones. So it'll probably Group A Match 3, Match 2 tomorrow morning with Match 1 in the afternoon/evening.

I'll do it by home side preference, so if anyone has any time requests I can always try to work out around it but there's no guarantee. A lot of it will depend on how I am feeling myself.

Yeah of course mate no problem or pressure on yourself you’re doing a wonder with it so I’m sure peopel will watch it. Looking forward to see my tactical blunders with Hetmyer as el captaino showcased in front of the fans...

Users who are viewing this thread