Mega Patch v1.0 Released (How do u like it?)

How do u rate the Patch?

• 1-25 (Crap)

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • 26-50(Expected much more)

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 51-75 (Good but wil iprove in future versions)

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • 75-100 (Best Patch for C2K5, Yet)

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
To us it maybe nothing, but to those poor 56k users 75mb is huge!
15 hours huge to be exact!!!!!
And thats not "minutes" thats "hours"
That's roughly about how long it would take me.
And that is if the net is at normal speed!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad

And if i could not "resume" Download then forget it.
Some folk have short memories eh!

Last edited by a moderator:

ranklonghop

School Cricketer
Corrupt File

Have downloaded all rar files, buit whenever I try to extract is tells me rar1 has been corupted. Have deleted and tried to download several times but still the same message. Any clues anyone ???

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
In Swinger said:
15 hours huge to be exact!!!!!
And thats not "minutes" thats "hours"
That's roughly about how long it would take me.
And that is if the net is at normal speed!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad

And if i could not "resume" Download then forget it.
Some folk have short memories eh!

Exactly, there are still people on 56k and boy do I remember how slow the downloads were.

Damolee

School Cricketer
Well, something in this patch rendered my PC unable to even boot into safe mode. And NO, I am not greatful for it in the slightest. Lucky to all those that have been able to enjoy it so far. lol

das_vicky

International Cricketer
the patch has nothing to do with the boot problems and i dare to say so because i know waht the installer does in runtime

Hero

Club Captain
So is there any chance that we can get new Espn overlay and graphic selector in the shape of mini mega patch as you previously told are going to release?Very good work in term of mega patch.

smqadeer

School Cricketer
Win XP crashed!

My Windows XP got crashed after i installed Mega Patch 1.0 :crying And i couldnt delete the folder as well. Windows has now been reinstalled but i m not gonna try this patch again :D

Damolee

School Cricketer
smqadeer said:
My Windows XP got crashed after i installed Mega Patch 1.0 :crying And i couldnt delete the folder as well. Windows has now been reinstalled but i m not gonna try this patch again :D

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me, for all of you doubters there.

Something seriously isn't right here lol

I couldn't delete the folder neither after I tried to uninstall it, that's where my problems began.

shkip

School Cricketer
Uninstall problems.

Patch seems alright but is a little messy with the graphic selector and stuff. I'm not overly stupid, but the UI is slightly difficult to work. It is, however, very well done and once you get the hang of it, it is fine obviously.

All you people with UNINSTALL problems - this is because the patch creator has put a space after the folder name (at least I assume it is a space, could be another character that doesn't show up). ie. "Megapatch ". This causes windows to crap itself when trying to move or delete.

To fix this problem, goto Run and type in "cmd" or "command" depending on your win version. Now find the parent folder of the one you have installed megapatch to (I'm assuming knowledge of basic DOS commands here; www.google.com if not). Type in "DIR /X /A". This will show the files with short extentions. It should show MEGAPA~1 or something like that... make sure everything has been deleted from the directory before typing "rd MEGAPA~1".

Now to get rid of the one in your start>all programs, you follow the same basic procedure as above except that you should goto Documents and settings and find it there. The easiest way to find where it is, is to click the folder and drag it over to the CMD window. That will give you the path to it.

Cheers,
Shkip.

PS - Developers may want to have a look at fixing this in the near future. People don't like stuff that doesn't uninstall properly. A good compilation though, well done guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread