Memorable Test Moments in Australia 2006/07 - 2009/10

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really enjoyed Hayden's super ton on Boxing Day 2002, he smashed the Poms. 1st session of the test and he is hitting sixes down the ground off the fast bowlers, awesome intimidation. Then steve Waugh's bizarre 'migraine' innings on day 5, that was mental!

Robelinda added 2 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Also Gilly's ripping ton at the SCG in 04/05, tore the Paki's apart. His two other tons at the Gabba in 01 and 04 were awesome too.

Robelinda added 10 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

What about Punter's incredible batting effort in his 100th test at the SCG in 06? Smashed the Proteas and batting the smoothest of his career, they had no chance in that 4th innings. He was supreme.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
The McGrath hattrick against Windies back in 2000(?) was an awesome moment. Also remember Brett Lee absolutely demolishing Sarwan's stumps with a seriously rapid yorker that series too.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
From an Indian perspective, the first day of the Boxing Day test, 2007 was very memorable. Australia getting off to a great start, Zaheer Khan bowling that jaffa to Ponting, Kumble`s 5er, Hayden`s 100. That day had it all. The SCG and Perth tests which followed are also etched in my memory.

Apart from that India series, Monty Panesar`s 5er on a DAy 1 Perth wicket was a highlight. SA chasing down those runs at the WACA last year as well. So many of them.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Unfortunately, Ricky Ponting getting out for 99 last Boxing Day Test match. So narrowly missed out on eclipsig Gavaskar's record, and it has been some what of a passing of the guard, hitting the ball straight to the opposing captain Graeme Smith to all but give up the match and series, and in time the No. 1 ranking.

Will stick in my mind forever.

Users who are viewing this thread