MY GAME WON'T WORK! PLEASE HELP ME! - It won't even load!

Bill Lawry

Banned
Looking your problem heres what I think, your 3d card (3dfx) isn't compatible with directx, but is with the game. The problem is 99% of 3dfx cards are support PCI slotted cards, which means the game uses your main card, whatever that is, and if its under 8mb the required for cricket2002 the game wont load at all, stuff up etc. What we need to do is edit the some files to make sure your cricket 2002 is configured for a 3dfx card first, but before that, try some unofficial
drivers and see if they help
http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=1
simply scroll and select the drivers for your card, check the newest ones out.
Please also do yourself a favour and unistall that direcx9, using this http://www.directxbuster.de/files/dxb21b4e.exe
and install 'directx8.1B' from http://www.windows.com/directx/ -trust me you'll know whats wrong with directx9 sooner or later.
If you need further help, please email me at [email protected] or post at my forums
www.nzwarriors.com/forums/

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't believe it! I tried to load the game after changing these drivers back and it worked! Obviously something's not quite the same but the game's working! The graphics are clearly not as good as they are supposed to be but the bottom line is the game works! Should I still look for better drivers to make the graphics work as they should or would that need a better video card?

A

Atul

99% of 3dfx cards are support PCI slotted cards, .... make sure your cricket 2002 is configured for a 3dfx card

Bill, he said his card was
3Dfx Voodoo Banshee AGP for Windows 98
Anyway, congrats, now that C2K2 works.

Bill Lawry

Banned
99% of 3dfx cards are support PCI slotted cards, .... make sure your cricket 2002 is configured for a 3dfx card

Bill, he said his card was
umm excuse me?
Cricket 2002 does not allow the option to select a graphics accelerator card, if you have 2 - the default on is set unless you hex edit the .exe file and then configs.dat. 3dfx unofficial drivers (which support directx) use the new 'multi-cache' mode which means 3dfx can be used as the primary if it aint otherwise.
I've been trying to help many of the same problems back in the EA forums trying to get 3dfx cards to work and with editations we learnt from emails to EA we got somewhere to get the game into the menu's but d3d8.dll line 23 brings and error while loading.
Theres a fine line between helping and throwing darts in the dark which is what some people here are good at doing.

Edited By Bill Lawry on 1041394965

A

Atul

I dont see what was the wisdom behind saying that. Whatever I told him is the standard way to troubleshoot a graphics problem. :but: It was only because I thought he was a newbie that I told him those basics.
You didn't like it .... too bad. Sorry if I hurt your ego but if you are really so committed to helping people then you should've come earlier and stopped me from throwing darts in the dark or whatever else.
Fine I'll just mind my bussiness .. who cares.............

::sadl:: ::off::

Bill Lawry

Banned
::stupid::

The point of the post was because you were correcting me when I was posting a proven theory, dont believe it? Read the upcoming .txt file in the patch which I wrote for the troubleshooting section, 'not committed to solve peoples problems' we'll see about that.
Dont under-estimate ppl, especially when your not quality yourself.

Bill Lawry

Banned
Boy o' boy looks like your ego was severely bruised.
f you'd been paying any attention to what I and jamesdris were writing, you would've understood that james made it very clear at the outset itself that his card was an AGP card. What you were suggesting was 3dfx are pci support bla bla... which was totally irrelevant to the matter at hand.
And this was where I corrected you .... not about your 'General Theory of Graphitivity' and upcoming 'Unified Graphics Theory'.
And in what way was your advice part,. which was actually relevant (drivers & directX uninstaller) different from what I told.

Some ppl just forget that they don't hold a monopoly on knowledge! ::SLY::

Oh I give up!
i wont be posting here again, thought I'd help out because your forums are dying,
i tried my best ste

Edited By Bill Lawry on 1041423878

A

Atul

Sorry Bill.
I only want to say that my idea was never to hurt or criticize you when I tried to point out what I thought was an inconsistency in your reply. I never once doubted what you said about
having two graphics cards. Nobody doubts your commitment to the game and community.
But really I was only trying my best to help the guy out and not to gain
anything. Accept my apology and have a happy new year.

::letdown::

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It doesn't matter who was right, the game works now and I'm happy with that. I want to make the graphics work properly though. I guess I'll need a new video card. Any suggestions for a good one that works with most, if not all modern games?

Users who are viewing this thread