Need A Decent Patch

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im playing a county season. I have tried tutsi's patch, its good but the cpu bat to slowly, and have a habit of leaving straight balls to often. I also found little in the way of edges. Im looking for a patch that has, decent cpu run rates in test and odi's. Test run rates of 3-4 runs per over, not the 1.5 runs per over i was getting using tutsi's patch. I also want to see some edges, and caught behinds. I dont want batting to be to hard, i think batting is already reasonably tough in county games with the lower rated players.

Any advice?

I've looked through the patch review forum but am still not really sure which one to try.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will suggest you, to try out the patch made by BOSS :) its best

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Im just about to try the patch made by cricket doctor, ill try boss's one next. Are there edges using boss's patch though when bowling?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Im just about to try the patch made by cricket doctor, ill try boss's one next. Are there edges using boss's patch though when bowling?

Yes, you fill find good edges while u will bowl, but u have to too play carefully while batting :p u will find out more edges .

Johann

Club Cricketer
I use Boss's V7 and really like it. Gives a "complete" game. I must say I think the EA cricket games perform different on different computers. I'm sure rerfresh rates, CPU speed, memory, graphic cards and all those things make the game and certain patches play better and more realistic on some computers. I remember everyone complained about the ball going passed the keeper in C04. I never got that, until I installed on a new computer and there it happened a lot. I think that's why some people find a patch great while others don't.

Anyway, my batting sucks on C04, C05 and C07!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I have been using this patch (Boss V7) its excellent. However it has a serious bug which someone else mentioned a page or so back (in his patch thread). When you take a wicket as a bowler the game crashes. At least it does in my county season. I have removed various files, and i think it may relate to one or both of the roster files hes included. Either way i will have to restart my season. Its a real shame as its a decent patch all round.

Highlander999

ICC President
I've heard this can sometimes be due to the next batsman's face not being recognised, I had it once turn Andrew Hall's face Black!!!!!!!

There is a mod around to fix it, I think it is called Facepack something. Try using that, or PM Sure if you can't find it, he always has the answers ;)

Johann

Club Cricketer
Yes, I had the problem as well and removed all face packs. Doesn't happen anymore. I aslo removed all TV overlays. The deafault is not that bad, At least the scorecard is tons better than C07's scorecard where you don't even see the not out batsmen in a different colour.

I'm back at C05 with Boss v.7 until I can get some happiness with C07 patches.

Also remember that the high-res kits for C07 works and looks fantastic in C05!

Users who are viewing this thread