Nokia X6 running C6 firmware...

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Last night i finally managed to flash my x6 FW to install C6 FW which is far superior than the default X6 FW. Whats surprising is that X6 runs faster with this new FW than it did with the original one. Then Nokia wonders why its stocks is going down. They have a gun phone in X6 with a shite firmware.

Here are a few features of the new FW

* The landscape homescreen mode which all x6 users have been whining on for over a year now.
01homescreenlandscape.jpg

* Various message input methods :classic keypad,fullscreen keyboard,Swype and handwriting recognition.
24handwritingkeypad.jpg

26swypekeypadlandscape.jpg

* More free RAM. With Default FW we normally get 25 to 30 mb free. This gives us 55 to 65 mb free. Big boost.

* Widget support
* N8 icons. :p this is just for eye candy
03menu.jpg

* It is detected a C6 by Ovi Store too. So you can install all apps supported for C 6 via Ovi Store too.

* Portrait to Landscape transition is super quick.​

Note: Flashing is dangerous and it may brick your phone(like i did 24 hours ago). Do it at your own risk.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Flashed it with original firmware files which i had already downloaded as a backup :p

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
This is how my homescreen looks like now. Everything i need in one place

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

himanshu.arora

School Cricketer
Help...!!

Hey Gaurav:wave......the original firmware files of X6 are too large....approx 1GB....did you downloaded all of them or we need a few??

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I don't have that phone, but since you only posted that it is possible, but haven't given a clue about how to proceed with it, I thought it was in the interest of other members if they needed this info.

I'm not sure about the legality of the same however.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Well technically you loose warranty but there is now way to detect if a phone is cracked while flashing. You can just tell the Nokia Care that it got bricked while updating with nokia software updater and fortunately this is real. Nokia Software Updater had bricked some phones in recent past and Nokia replaced them without any problem...

----------

On legality, you can say that it is same as modding with the games. You are not allowed to edit the code of the game but yet we do it. Don't we:p

Users who are viewing this thread