Overseas trip

etho11

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am travelling overseas June/July. I need you foreigners to help me out with places to go. I will be going Adelaide-Singapore-Tokyo-New York-London-Rome-Hong Kong- Adelaide.

I will be overseas for about a month.
Me and my family have already decided to go to Wimbeldon when that is on in London.

This is what i have for each city so far.

Singapore- Not much just cheap things to buy. Different foods.

Tokyo- Whole new culture, Gardens (boring), Foods, Sumo Wrestling.

New York- Baseball, Gridion, monuments, Buildings.

London- Wimbeldon, Tourist Attractions, shops.

Rome- Food (Pizza), Attractions, Allessandro Del Piero lol.

Hong kong- Cheap Cheap Cheap stuff.

kodos

International Coach
I've been to Hong Kong and Tokyo before and also stopped by at Singapore. All are very nice places to go to. Hong Kong stuff are cheap but best of all are the food (that is of course you like asian food). Technology there are also relatively cheap such as laptops, cameras and all those and memory sticks (they have lots of 4gigs in stock) are much cheaper than in Aus. Hong Kong at night is also very nice with the laser shows at night, not sure do they still have it though. Shopping for clothes and the likes are also relatively cheap.

Tokyo to me is the best place I have ever been to. It is just so clean and the people there are so obedient and friendly. It is especially amazing in the evening where all the lights are illuminating on the streets and shops are usually packed. Food though may not be the best in the world but I guess it's something new. I would highly recommend making the most out of your time in Tokyo. Stuffs are generally more expensive than in most other Asian countries but are still not too bad. Transport is excellent, always on time and inside they even have TV's which we don't find here :p.

etho11

International Cricketer
how much would i be looking at for laptops in Hong Kong and other electrical acessories such as cameras, ipods?

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
etho11 said:
New York- Baseball, Gridion, monuments, Buildings.

Well you can't go to see the Giants or Jets because the NFL is not on. Anyway they don't play in New York :p

Well you could go to Madison Square Garden to see the basketball or ice hockey. Hmm thinking about it you won't get to see any. Only NBA you could see in June is the Finals but the Knicks won't be there. Same with the NHL.

Only sport thing you could is something I have always wanted to do is go to Yankee Stadium. They have tons of games on in June/July and I'm sure you will get some tickets :)

etho11

International Cricketer
Ponting_14 said:
Well you can't go to see the Giants or Jets because the NFL is not on. Anyway they don't play in New York :p

Well you could go to Madison Square Garden to see the basketball or ice hockey. Hmm thinking about it you won't get to see any. Only NBA you could see in June is the Finals but the Knicks won't be there. Same with the NHL.

Only sport thing you could is something I have always wanted to do is go to Yankee Stadium. They have tons of games on in June/July and I'm sure you will get some tickets :)

Thanks mate.

kodos

International Coach
etho11 said:
how much would i be looking at for laptops in Hong Kong and other electrical acessories such as cameras, ipods?
Not sure about exact prices but they generally are considerably cheaper than in Australia. The last time I visited Hong Kong was about 2 and a half years ago and I saw some decent Sony laptops that weren't yet released in Aus. for roughly around $2500-2700.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Hong Kong is a brilliant place. The food, culture, public transport, entertainment...mostly the food :)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Some stuff in Singapore, well there airport is world class with 3 terminals not bad for a small country like them. MRT (trains) are worth taking at least once. Rest is just shopping, shopping and more shopping.

etho11

International Cricketer
kodos said:
Not sure about exact prices but they generally are considerably cheaper than in Australia. The last time I visited Hong Kong was about 2 and a half years ago and I saw some decent Sony laptops that weren't yet released in Aus. for roughly around $2500-2700.

That aint that cheap/.

Sureshot

Executive member
Surely a trip of Wembley and Lords has to be fitted in on the London visit?

etho11

International Cricketer
Sureshot said:
Surely a trip of Wembley and Lords has to be fitted in on the London visit?

Yes definitely the county season should be on at that time of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread