photoshop problem

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am having a wierd problem.

Take a look at the spirals in the first image.

srn14zy.jpg

And take a look at the image when I open it for editing.

scr24zk.jpg

I
The only thing I remember, which is remotely related is the colur imbalance is the fact that i installed colour profiles for my monitor, after which this started happening.However, I don't know whether it is related to it in any way.

It happens with every image I open, and it has made photoshop useless.:( And is in process of destroying my new found enthu of making images.

Please help me.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
It probably is your monitor colour profile, unload it and just use the standard srgb2.1 profile.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Hey as you can see there it is 66.7% the image not 100% .. maybe it is because of that :confused: not sure..

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
changing the profile (AdobeRBG1998) corrected it.And I made a new avtar today! :happy

However, I want to get to the roots of problems.THe profile I had was shipped by the company, It generally shouldn't cause problems

usy

Chairman of Selectors
hey the colours change abit in photshop then they are shown, I found the out when I was making the website, nothing to worry about.

Usy

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
A Colour profile is basically a lookup table on how colours should be represented on screen. Some colour profiles arent as accurate as others in all colours, its very hard to explain. To be honest you are best off using sRGB2.1 (or Adobe1998) and adjusting the colour balance on your monitor as virtually everyone else uses these profiles and the general colour range of these profiles is very uniform.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
yeah kev.I better switch to sRGB.Although I knew about them, I never reckon they could have such difference.

And usy, Take look at the difference b/w those two pics.They are too different.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I know man, do you think I'm making up bull-sh*t?

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
usy said:
I know man, do you think I'm making up bull-sh*t?

I never know u can make bull droppings.Natural talent perhaps? :D

I switched to sRGB.However, I am yet to find a difference.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
srgb2.1 and Adobe1998 are almost identical, I doubt you will notice the difference by eye but srgb2.1 is now the accepted standard profile.

Users who are viewing this thread