PlanetCricket Basketball Association Discussion Thread

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm still working out a few kinks in the sim while at the same time trying to work out the text sim Dr Pepper suggested. It seems to me that the latter might actually be free as I don't think the company that made it exists anymore. :p

In any case, this thing isn't dead or anything, just taking me a while to figure things out. On the positive note, we're still getting sign-ups.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Hmm, well, I think I have the NBA game figured out (just need to work on the player ratings) so wouldn't want you to create players only to not use them, but really want the text sim to work. That way we can share the files and multiple people can sim the game (also fixes me having to copy all the scores :p).

If you're interested, download the text sim I'm talking about.

http://www.download.com/Jump-Shot-Basketball/3000-7451_4-10370618.html

:)

nightprowler10 added 28 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

EDIT: Never mind. Mine just expired. I'll stick with working on NBA 2k7. :p

nightprowler10

Executive member
Looks like we've got 18 signups now. 6 more and we can have two full teams. :D

nightprowler10 added 17 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Well I've just had an epiphany while in the bathroom. As a team is only allowed 12 players in a game and 3 reserves, which adds up to 15, I will start a season replacing one of the teams in the NBA with the PC team and play the first 15 people who have signed up. If the interest grows and we get enough signups to make more teams (I'm hoping up to 4) then I will finish out the season and start a PCBA league the way I intended at the beginning. I do, however, have some work ahead of me:

-Increase player ratings so a PC team could actually compete with the NBA teams.

-Update rosters as best as possible to last season's as most of us would want to play against the Celtics that won not the Celtics that sucked.

Once I get these two tasks out of the way, I shall start the season.

NOTE: This does not however mean that the others who have signed up will not play at all. I have considered making some of the players free agents so that they may be picked up other teams. What say you people?

nightprowler10

Executive member
UPDATE:

Alright, I have now made all the major necessary changes to the roster and have all the first 15 players that signed up as part of the PCXV. Shouldn't be much longer before we get the NBA season rolling. :cheers

nightprowler10 added 10 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

I have closed the signup thread as we have the required 15 for an NBA season and have opened a new thread for more people coming through. We will leave this thread for discussion only and when I get things ready I'll open a new thread for the NBA season.

nightprowler10

Executive member
UPDATE:

Spreadsheets are ready and the season has been created! I've worked on the player ratings and am happy with them. Since I had to replace at least one team to start this, I have replaced the Minnesota Timberwolves with the PCXV team. I mean, really, who care about the 'wolves since KG left them. :p

As far as the rosters go, all the major changes have been made, so you might still see some low profile players playing for their old teams. Doing a full roster update takes forever in this game as it makes it hard to navigate through players. One aspect where EA is better, must be said.

Anyway, will be making the new thread soon enough.

:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread