[Preseason] July 27th: Llamas Anonymous vs. Brawny Bandits

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I said unchanged about 24 hours ago, so you can't really have an excuse. Someone else could have done it for you (i.e vice captain).

Very happy with my 3 for 11, and Mike was very good with the ball also. Nice knocks from Tom and Matt.

100% start, not bad.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
No you didn't trev, there's still a good 4-5 hours left for that time (you said it after 2:00 a.m my time and its 10:00 p.m here), and its these hours that made the crucial difference as this is the time when I'm free and actually log onto PC.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It's partly (mainly) my fault due to the database going down for testing. I have to test it on the main server because I'm unable to reproduce the concurrency issues on my laptop (probably has something to do with 4 cores and 8 threads compared to my laptop, which is a measly dual core).

For the main tournament, the database will hopefully be up the whole time, meaning that you can set your line-ups well in advance. I'll also have a grace rule, as follows:

First Offense - Previous Line-up will be used
Second Offense - Computer will randomly select "smart" line-up--basically 5 batsmen, keeper, 1 AR and 4 bowlers.
Third Offense - Computer will randomly select the complete line-up

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ok, not 24 hours, but 20. Still a fair amount of time.
I explained the circumstances as to why I couldn't post the lineup in that time, its due to the timezones being different. Anyways I'm not too fussed, this is the pre-season tournament and its there to iron these kinda things out.

Cheers for that sohum!

Users who are viewing this thread