Problem with Logitech speakers.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's not been a good month for my PC hardware. First my Samsung monitor starts playing up, and now I've noticed that the left hand speaker is much quieter than the right - almost inaudible in fact. I have the Logitech X210s. I've checked the cables and they're fine - and I've checked the balance in the sound section of the Control Panel and that's in the middle as it should be. Even if I turn the left one all the way up while leaving the right one alone, it's still much quieter than the right one. So, my guess is that, like the monitor, they're preparing to pack up. Unless someone's got an idea as to what else I could look at? I've tried reinstalling the drivers as well but that did nothing.

Anyway, if I have to get new ones, I'm looking at:

Creative Inspire T3130 Speaker System

Creative Inspire S2 Speaker System

I'm leaning more towards the former, as they come with a wired remote - I'm used to that now as that's what my current Logitech speakers have. The other ones have the volume etc on the right speaker and the speakers are currently on a shelf above the monitor so it wouldn't be as easy to turn them up or down as with a wired remote.

Budget: I'd rather not go above ?50 - but I will if the speakers are worth it like those Creative seem to be. I got my current speakers for only ?20 even though the RRP was ?40. I'd love to go 5.1 or even 7.1, but putting the satellite speakers around my room will be extremely tricky, especially if they're not wireless, so I'll be sticking with 2.1.

One other thing - I can't seem to find how much of a warranty those speakers are supposed to come with. I've had my Logitech for a few years and they're definitely out of warranty now - naturally. Again, like the monitor, their main use in life will be gaming - with occasional music/movies.

Users who are viewing this thread