Record 1/4 For EA

Sadistic_Shyte

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's in the bank - Electronic Arts has just reported a record fourth-quarter result. Nett revenue was up 20 percent at almost one-and-a-half billion US dollars, nett income was up 57 percent at $393 million, and gross margin up 11 points to over 65 percent.

"This was another record quarter for EA," said Larry Probst, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We once again strengthened our position on current generation consoles and on the PC - and were number one in both North America and Europe. The Company had 11 titles that sold over a million units in the quarter - led by Need for Speed Underground which was the number one title this holiday season."

"Our portfolio of franchise hits continues to grow," said Warren Jenson, Chief Financial and Administrative Officer. "In the last twelve months we had 27 platinum titles - each selling more than a million units. This compares to 22 platinum titles just a year ago."

EA claims it had the highest third-party publisher figures in both the U.S. and Europe on current-generation consoles and on the PC. The company is the most prolific third-party publisher in the world ahead of Take-Two Interative. Electronic Arts says its success was driven by titles such as Return of the King, Need for Speed: Underground and FIFA 2004, although its other in-house sports franchises have also shown strong improvement in critics' eyes over previous versions.

EA New Zealand earlier reported to Gameplanet it had dominated Christmas sales with a strong share across all formats.

EA has also reported a rosy business outlook for the coming year.

So something tells me they're not going to be too concerned with how unhappy we are with Cricket 2004, not that we expected they would anyway.

crick4life

International Cricketer
They have never been concerned about cricket or rugby ever:mad: . Speak of short of funding for cricket/rugby, they are happy to milk $$$s from us though dishing out crappy games. The growth will surely be lessened to the extent of one person in the next year because I have decided not to buy any EA titles come what may.:mad:

squiz

International Coach
They spend more money and make more money on American games like NHL, FIFA, NBA thats why they are so good compared to Cricket

Last edited:

Auwais

International Coach
No 3! I can save a lot of money by not buying any EA titles, so I can buy more Konami games instead. At least their games are worth the money! :mad:

zee786

School Cricketer
make it 4. if konami made a cricket game it will be the best cricket game. At least Konami are safe.

bharath

School Cricketer
but itsl never goin to happen.
konami will never develope a cricket game.:(

Auwais

International Coach
Originally posted by bharath
but itsl never goin to happen.
konami will never develope a cricket game.:(

They would if they saw the light when EA give up on their so called 'cricket' series. Konami don't make as many games as EA do so if Konami did make a cricket game, I'd be the first to buy it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread