RPIC Installing Custom Team Kits

Peteza

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
I have Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005, which is supposedly the same game as Brian Lara Cricket 2005. Anyways I have been trying to install Hariz's custom kits (specifically the new South Africa and Australia test kits) by downloading them and extracting the .bag files into the 'C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005\Data\Teams' folder. Windows asks if I want to overwrite the files and I click 'yes', however when I go into the game and into the Test match exhibition mode the players names are still the unlicensed ones. Is there anything else I have to do in order for these kits to work properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Peteza

P.S I have already read the FAQ and I didn't find anything in there that helped me with my problem

Lucky

International Cricketer
Welcome to PlanetCricket;)

Have the kits actually changed in the game already and are you just wanting to fix up the names. The way you installed the kit's seems to be fine and here is the patch for the correct names. If the kit's still don't work it's best sending a PM to Hariz to sort it out. However, you have installed it properly already it seems.

Name Patch

Hope this helps
:cheers
Lucky

Peteza

School Cricketer
Thanks for the fast reply Lucky,

I'm not quite sure that I've understood how the kits actually work yet. I thought that team kits would replace the fake player names in the side with the real players and their correct jersies etc... I thought that after I copied the new .bag files I would just be able to play with the custom side in the exhibition mode. So I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering them;
1) What do the team kits include?
2) In what game mode(s) can they be used
3) Which pre-existing kits do they replace?
4) Do the kits contain actual player changes to the pre-existing squads or do they just include new graphics for jersies whilst player names and squads need to be created customly?

The name patch changed the names for all of the squads to their real 2003 counterparts in exhibition mode but I would like to have the current names for the squads, how is this possible?

Many thanks,

Peteza

Last edited:

Hariz

International Cricketer
Well dear Peteza, I will just shortly answer your questions.

1)The Team Kits that I have made so far are .bag files as you might have noticed and extracting them the way you did will replace the default test/odi kits of the teams that are supposed to be used by the game in exhibition mode. So extracting them puts the correct kits in your game.

2) As I said they can be used in Exhibition mode which obviously includes world tour,test and odi matches and so on. The Odi kits will not replace the World Cup or Champions Trophy Kits as they are licensed ones and need to remain their.

3) The Kits replace the original/default fake kits that Codies had to use because of the licensing problem, which means the kits in exhibition mode as all others are licensed.

4) No, they do not effect the squads/team lineups and will only provide current up to date jerseys with proper licensing and logos. You can use the Player Editor here to make squad changes or visit hasun's thread to look for updated rosters.

Peteza

School Cricketer
Hi Hariz,

Thank you very much for your reply, all is working as it should and I have edited the squads myself (a lot easier than I thought it would be). You've done a fantastic job with the kits there Hariz, they look awesome ;) Again many thanks for the help guys,

Peteza

Users who are viewing this thread