Runout bug - there must be a solution..

loz185

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all

Well this is the only bug in this infuriating game that I cannot live with... The AI batsman drives the ball, straight to mid off and sets off on a run.. Usually gets run out, im sure you guys know the story...

Erm anyway, apart from fielding manually and waiting for the batsmen to complete their run before throwing, do you guys have any suggestions as to how this could be fixed?

1. Could this be rectified in a patch? or a fixed exe? i dont know how you guys do it, but you seem to be able to change most things :) Appreciated too...

2. Could the CPU fields be changed, so that Mid on/Mid off are spaced so they dont run the batsmen out by miles? Is there the ability to do this?

3. Could player characteristics be changed at all? Speed settings anyone?

Anyone had any success with anything??

Thanks for the feedback :)

Rich

groobz

Club Cricketer
Don't think it can be fixed i get usually 7runouts per game with midon and midoff,, without them i get about 4-5 runouts. Even when the cpu cuts the ball ect, they'll run themselves out.

The only way to stop it, would be to find the code which tells the cpu that its ok to run, and that would be bloody hard.

loz185

School Cricketer
Okay, thanks for the reply...

Im trying to tinker with the CPU default fields.... I guess having a long off and long on that they can complete a single to is better than having 8 run outs in an innings...

At the moment i have got the default field files, and am editing them using the Cricket 2002 field editor... However i dont know how to get the edited files back into the main gob file :confused:

I think changing the fields around will be the easiest way to solve this bug though, ill keep you posted....

Auwais

International Coach
The runout bug might be something to do with the batsmen's animations which are hidden somewhere in the .gob or even somewhere else.

groobz

Club Cricketer
The runout bug is deffinatly the biggest bug in the game, i no longer bowl because of it. I think there must be a code somewhere which tells the cpu when to run ect depending on where the ball is hit and how close the fielder is, tough to crack i think.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Bump
Runoutbug.jpg

Also noticed anytime a runout decision is referred to 3rd umpire runs do not count
runout bug?
what bug?
I dont see it?

Last edited:

jonah

International Coach
Mate, South Australia need to work on their calling;) :D

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
was just using default never went in and changed for the whole game.

Was just after a screenshot for hb studios and ea

msamina

Club Cricketer
I am guessing that the CPU might decide to run after a specific time duration, IF the ball has not reached a fielder. Unfortunately, the fielder seems to be reaching the ball just after the time period causing the run-out.

If this is the case, then increasing the time duration might help.

....Then again, it may not :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, its just lazy, crap programming

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Imagine the Ai base runners in EaSports MVP Baseball had no idea when it was safe to run etc so they were always getting thrown out running to bases it would be patched up in a week.

paceattack

School Cricketer
yeah ....gud point......maybe there are just ignoring it because its cricket

Users who are viewing this thread