Season 14 predictions

Highlander999

ICC President
New Season, new leagues. What are your targets for this season?

I want to get past Round 5 in the Cup at least.

League: V.13 - First Class League

1. Blingers
2. Livingston Lions
3. PaLaTo PaLaTo
4. Shmily
5. rats
6. The Mac Attack

My Predicition: 4th (hopefully) Two good teams got promoted, whilst one good team got demoted, so FC is gonna be my main one to go for.

League: IV.16 - One Day League

1. FCS
2. Livingston Lions
3. C&D
4. punjab way ftw
5. Ezlyn Eleven CC
6. Ted's Loosers
7. Tamilz
8. Smarties XI

My prediction: 2nd Would have liked to have gone for 1st but FCS came down and they are just too good for me, so another season coming 2nd!!!

League: VI.914 - BT20 League

1. Asad11
2. Saltdean Sharks
3. Salem CC
4. unlucky u lost
5. Penistone and District CC
6. mukkie monsters
7. Black Jacks
8. Livingston Lions
9. anuj
10. don
11. Guwahati CC
12. charliecc

My predicition: 1st. If i don't come 1st in a league full of bots, I should be shot. Great demotion though :p Means I can play my 2XI for all 20/20s :)

Last edited:

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
FC - V.9
My Prediction- 4th Position

OD-IV.52
My Prediction-3rd Position

BT20-VI.366
My Prediction-3rd Position

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Latest Press Release.
West Coast Wizards (24/09/2009)
The West Coast Wizards, coached by Hooper, will be looking to dominate its FC league this season. The team has had a major reshuffle with some useful additions and some crap tossed away. The scouts have been out on their FC opponents:

Bruck steamers - Bots, easybeats
Preston Pesterers - Very strong squad, likely champions
ReV CC - Bots, easybeats
Auburn Chatlaks - Bots, easybeats
the thala warriors - Bots, easybeats

So with only one other team that is active in its team management, the WCW will be looking to a successful season. It looks like the WCW will have to be happy with 2nd position, but if Preston lets the foot off the pedal or doesn't make sure it demolishes the lowly teams then the WCW could sneak first place.

Just realized I had Preston in my last league, and won an easy match against them late last year. http://www.battrick.org/nl/matchInfoFC.asp?matchID=3849844

So I could win that league.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've just spent about 2 hours on Battrick.. :eek:

Been scouting a shitload and been analysing my squad. I have taken more thought into my team this season then any before.

Just released three press releases with predictions on each of my leagues and have analysed my squad player by player to see how they stack up in my squad and what formats I'll be playing them this season.

FC:

24/09/2009 First Class Predictions
The West Coast Wizards, coached by Hooper, will be looking to dominate its FC league this season. The team has had a major reshuffle with some useful additions and some crap tossed away. The scouts have been out on their FC opponents:

Bruck steamers - Bots, easybeats
Preston Pesterers - Very strong squad, likely champions
ReV CC - Bots, easybeats
Auburn Chatlaks - Bots, easybeats
the thala warriors - Bots, easybeats

So with only one other team that is active in its team management, the WCW will be looking to a successful season. It looks like the WCW will have to be happy with 2nd position, but if Preston lets the foot off the pedal then the WCW could claim first. With a massive innings defeat already last season by the hands of WCW, Preston will be looking to win the next encounter

Expected finish: 1st or 2nd

OD:

24/09/2009 One Day League Predictions
West Coast Wizards coach, Hooper, has sent the scouts out on a little working holiday around the country to scout the new teams in its one day league in a bid to gain an early advantage on their opponents

Wombos Woofers - Absolute guns, obviously camping
YasMen - Very good team, no chance of beating
Banksys Beamers - Very good team, no chance of beating
DRAGONSXI - Very good team, no chance of beating
Cranbourne Cricket Club - Decent team, better on paper, but even
Sugarloaf CC - Bots, easy beats
Veradilla CC - Bots, easy beats

Very tough OD leage it seems for WCW. 4 very experienced and skilled teams make up the 8, with Cranbourne the only non-bot competition it seems. Likely position, 5th or 6th.

Expected finish: 5th or 6th

BT20:

24/09/2009 BT20 Predictions
The West Coast Wizards coach, Hooper, has been very kind to his scouts, sending them on a week long tour of the other teams in their BT league... A working holiday of some sort.

Liams winners - Bot, easybeats
The Ladies - Team of stars, no chance of beating
Penni Chew - On par, beatable side
dannyisgod - On par, beatable side
Petes Irish Thugs - Good side, beatable if WCW go for it
Dominant Performance - Team of stars, will dominate
Dark Claw CC - Champion team, likely cup winners
Wishbone Ash - Bot, easy beats
123456 - Err, bot, easy beats
Limerick CC - Tough side, if stars play then too strong for WCW
Ingenious Indians - Bot, easy beats

With quite a few super strong sides, WCW won't be able to compete for the title but with a few bots and sides about even, a few wins would be nice

Expected finish: 7th

I've also gone through my squad and written notes on each player in the Notepad section (membership...yes, get membership, makes the game so much better, almost unplayable imo without it).

e.g

West Coast Wizards

Batsmen (8):

Stuart Street - Med/Resp/Resp (Opening Batman - FC and OD)

Wicket-Keepers (2):

Christian Lambert - Med/Med/Med Keep: Med (BT20)

Bowlers (8):

Craig Scoby - Feeb/Med/Med (Spin - OD and BT20)

First Class XI:

1. Street
2. Stapleton
3. Tretton
4. Lepolesa
5. Hart
6. Dyer (c)
7. Coppinger *
8. Rocastle
9. Ashmore
10. Donnelly
11. Tawanda

Don't want to give too much away, but yeah, thats what it consists of. :p

Highlander999

ICC President
You see, I'm at that stage where thankfully my players stamina is now mostly pretty high so I can afford to play them in both FC and OD and if they take a slight PFL hit I can just rotate my batting/bowling order. I don't really have FC/OD/20/20 teams.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
League: V.7 - First Class League

1. AmaGents
2. BFN Bombers
3. Hawks
4. Arsenal
5. bannermans
6. The No Ballers

If I take this and OD seriously, I might fall short in either or both of them, I should be able to win it, additionally I don't think I'll finish lower than 2nd. Prediction - 1st/2nd

League: III.15 - One Day League

1. Bazzas
2. Dublin Mutts Nutts
3. Baby Get Shaky After School
4. BFN Bombers
5. Cyphers
6. CK Warriors
7. Maaan Uuu
8. jjsafc

After beating Bazzas on the final day last season I ensured the only way he could promote was via a play-off game - which he narrowly lost - so it'll be tough. Last season any chance of a good finish was delt a heavy blow with me starting very badly. Chances of winning depend on getting a good start and beating Bazzas at least once as he does slip up now and then. Prediction - 2nd

League: IV.12 - BT20 League

1. Walshys Wonders
2. Wernham Hogg C.C.
3. Marconi Stallions
4. Defoetus
5. Flower Mound Jaguars
6. Rayleigh CC
7. Meenans Athletic
8. Leroy's Lurkers
9. play bunnies
10. Dynamites
11. BFN Bombers
12. Revolution CC

BT20, just like it's real life counterpart I don't really care that much about it, at least the PFL hits are low and it brings money in. This was a tough league last season and I only just managed to stay up, this season will probably be much the same. Prediction - 8th

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I can win and will probably dominate my OD and FC leagues, which are filled with bots and n00bs. But I am very likely to come last in BT20.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I should finish mid-table in OD. FC, I'll probably finish 3rd or 4th and I checked my BT20 league earlier today. It's full of bots! That's brilliant, gives my second XI a chance to get some games in them and rest my first XI.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
My whole season depends on my OD league, I can finish in the top 2 for BT20 but that would come at the expense of my OD comp. Who knows how I'd go in that, its going to be a real lottery, I could end up anywhere from 1st to 6th.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I reckon:

1st in OD League VI.189
2nd in FC League IX.39
6th in BT20 League VI.459

Gazza_11 added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Anyone want a friendly?

Team names: Burrahs

Users who are viewing this thread