Shane Watson - Tough or Bluff

Is Shane Watson A Quality International All Rounder???

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Watson's bowling average would be around 60 for this WC. He'd also have a pretty high batting average, though I don't think his been dismissed yet.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
yeh but how many runs does he go for per over? thats just as important hes not a strike bowler

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Watson is a glorified park bowler. His batting is decent enough I suppose although I don't know why Australia bother with him. Hodge is a far better batsman and he can roll his arm over occasionally.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
i think watson would make it into a majority of sides on his batting alone and we want to avoid using a 5th bowler type like hodge because thats australias only glaring weakness

also watson has a higher first class average than hodge

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Watson has a slightly higher first class average, but a much lower one day average. If Watson couldn't bowl he wouldn't be first choice because Hodge has a greater reputation for destructive strokeplay (it will be interesting to see Australia pick their T20I Championship team) and can field much better.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
im assuming you didnt see shane watson hit the stumps from the boundary to run someone out and his numerous stops at third man and fine leg

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
Flintoff's figures don't really represent him now as they will never recover from the mauling he took when he just had 'potential' and was just not good enough for in'tl cricket.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
A_Whitey said:
Flintoff's figures don't really represent him now as they will never recover from the mauling he took when he just had 'potential' and was just not good enough for in'tl cricket.
Nonsense. We have the internet on computers, you know.

Flintoff's ODI career:

Since his 25th birthday
2128 runs @ 36.69
99 wickets @ 23.24

Overall
3076 runs @ 32.04
136 wickets @ 25.89

Certainly better, but in no way ruinous. As his career goes on, the early period will mean less and less.

Flintoff's Test career:

Since his 25th birthday
2688 runs @ 38.96
157 wickets @ 29.59

Overall
3381 runs @ 32.51
197 wickets @ 32.02

His test batting takes the biggest hit, but still only around six runs. It's not like he averages 50 or anything.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
i noticed that you didnt comment on the throw

and

why cant watson have the same reason as flintoff???

Dalek

Club Cricketer
In 3years watson will have exselled past flintoff at his best, he bowling is slightly weeker by a fair bit than flintoff, maybe use flintoff as a bowler and put bopara 6.

flintoff bat 8

Users who are viewing this thread