IPL team of the tournament?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
done the player, but who would be your ideal XI and why?

Hayden - best batsman throughout
Gilchrist - great as dhoni usually is, he's been second best in batting, captaincy and wicketkeeping to gilly. no contest
Ab de villiers - constantly got himself in and made a contribution with the bat, his fielding was it's usual brilliant standard and with the edging out of symonds for australia I think we can pretty comfortably declare him the best fielder in the world
Dilshan - Along with De Villiers made sure Dehli's out of form top order was never properly punished. Appears all over the highest partnership chart and that massively boosted Dehli's total building.
Duminy - did constant unrewarded rebuilding work for mumbai. frequently lumbered with coming in in a tough situation and did his best. Did a job with his bowling as well.
Raina - Was absolutely fearsome when he got going, constantly made a contribution at a good rate.
Y Pathan - failed to carry Rajasthan in the absence of Tanvir and Watson but still one of the best all-rounders in the format. Just beats off his own team-mate Jadeja for this spot.
I Pathan - Joins his brother on merit of being the best fast bowling option that can bat, his bowling was brilliant too.
Kumble (C) - was superb in the middle overs, halting teams and taking wickets. rarely lost any battles. T20 a batsmans game? not always. hauled bangalore into the final.
RP Singh - Just seemed to take wickets at will
Malinga - the ultimate death bowler, to frequently given the task of doing the impossible but came nearer to achieving it each time than was credible.

Gibbs was a close call, was great in the field and made some important knocks but 4 ducks over the tournament meant I neglected to fit him at 3.

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
To be honest, I think this should be done properly. Only four overseas players, as the IPL itself works, otherwise we're going to end up with teams like yours, with over half the team taken up by foreign players.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
For me

Hayden
Gilchrist
Raina
De Villers
Hodge
Sharma
Dhoni
I Pathan
Patel
RP Singh
Kumble

Sharma in due to his bowling. JP just misses out for Hodge who I thought was a stand out with such a pathetic team. Dhoni in for his batting as couldn't find another Indian batter.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
My Team

1. Adam Gilchrist (c)
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Suresh Raina
4. AB de Villiers
5. Ravinder Jadeja
6. Mahendra Dhoni (wk)
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Rudra Pratap Singh
10. Anil Kumble
11. Lasith Malinga

Exactly according to the rules. Four foreigners, and so so....

Pranav

ICC Board Member
1. M Hayden
2. A Gilchrist
3. S Raina
4. Y Singh
5. R Sharma
6. Y Pathan
7. MS Dhoni
8. B Lee
9. RP Singh
10. L Malinga