Unrealistically Easy

jeffmorton07

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have found this game unbeleivebaly easy and it is frustrating cos its a decent game but so unrealistic. ive done 2 main games as yorkshire and england and with yorkshire i won c championship and pro 40 and found it hard to lose a game same with england only lost one game with england all summer and found chasing down 300 plus in odis incredibly comfortable

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I am playing a season as WA. Now WA arent a great team or anything compared to the other clubs here in Australia so I was expecting to be getting floggings here and there...But its the exact opposite. Its frustrating. I have won every game so far. Hopefully it gets harder somehow:o But I don't know how it will improve with a patch or something?

hampshire2012

School Cricketer
I found the same playing as hampshire. I think i won every single game in my first season. However in my second season it seemed to get more difficult and i think i had won about half my CC1 matches. The problem is the game wont let me save past 28th may 2008, so i dont really play any more

degrees

School Cricketer
I have stopped playing because it is too easy. I played a season as Middlesex and won most Championship matches without even needing to bat a second time. I don't want an exceptionally difficult game and I don't want an easy game, just a bit more variation in results and more draws!!!

AlexB

School Cricketer
I have stopped playing because it is too easy. I played a season as Middlesex and won most Championship matches without even needing to bat a second time. I don't want an exceptionally difficult game and I don't want an easy game, just a bit more variation in results and more draws!!!

Ditto, but even worse I was winning with ease as Leicestershire!

The other big thing is the over rate, it just allows too much chance of building a huge total and then attacking in the field, which the AI doesn't seem to do well.

I wrote to the devs, and they said they had a problem with too many draws with 90 overs a day, so upper it by 50% to get a more realistic number of wins. Unfortunately this completely destroyed the gameplay, and was a case of bringing in an intentional error to fix an unintentional one - a bit Heath Robinson tbh.

I'm not playing CC any more, but will keep looking at the sites for updates - the over rate and easiness have to be fixed above and beyond everything else.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, hopefully Glenn can release some sort of patch to make it more harder - it's a great game. Just a lil bit more challenging please:o

Oli Norwell

School Cricketer
Thanks for all the feedback. It would seem the reason some are you finding it a bit easy is that the computer captains aren't smart enough to restrict your totals, and then don't bat smart enough themselves.

It's something we're always looking at, the answer may be to smarten up the AI. One thing you could try is playing as a weak team (e.g. Durham\Derbyshire\Bangladesh), and then trying to succeed, this would inevitably make the game tougher.

Users who are viewing this thread