Vaughan remains unhappy over tour

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
England captain Michael Vaughan has admitted he cannot wait for the tour to Zimbabwe to be over.

_40517133_vaughan_unhappy203.jpg

He will lead the squad which sets off next week for a five-match series after turning down the chance to opt out.

"I did not want to pass the buck by not going," said Vaughan, who has been awarded a benefit by Yorkshire in 2005.

"It's not a tour I'm particularly looking forward to. I'm looking forward to it being over and getting to South Africa for a real tough Test series."

England will field an inexperienced squad in Zimbabwe with Marcus Trescothick, Andrew Flintoff and Steve Harmison all staying at home.

But the tour does offer new boys Kevin Pietersen and Matt Prior the chance to take their first steps in international cricket.

It will be a surprise if England fail to win 5-0, however, against a young Zimbabwe side, and Vaughan is looking beyond them to South Africa and next summer's Ashes series.

"We are by no means the finished article. We are young, have many years ahead of us and a hell of a lot to learn.

"The one thing you know about South Africa is that they will be well prepared, they work very hard and have some experienced players with fantastic records.

"Add to that the fact they are on home soil and I expect it to be the toughest series we have played since they were here last year."

His benefit year, meanwhile, will include a Twenty20 match next August betwen a Vaughan Invitation XI, hopefully including Brian Lara, and Yorkshire.

Vaughan has played for the county since 1993, although international commitments have restricted him to five Championship appearances in the last three years.

He was a member of Yorkshire's 2001 Championship winning side and played at Lord's when they beat Somerset in the C&G Trophy final the following year.

Source: BBC Sport

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
i am happy that england is interdoucing young player's sense they are facing a weaker team' they need to look for talents that can be usefull in the future'

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
fardin said:
i am happy that england is interdoucing young player's sense they are facing a weaker team' they need to look for talents that can be usefull in the future'

That is wrong. England have had a young team ever since the older players retired from ODI cricket after the World Cup. Even in the test team, only Thorpe and Butcher are above 30.

But yeah having said that, it will be good to see how the likes of Kevin Pieterson, Ian Bell, Simon Jones, Matthew Prior perform. All of them are talented, but can they make the big step-up?. Simon Jones and Ian Bell have impressed in Test Matches, can they do the same in the ODIs?

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
no offence but are you from england' location knowledge village' dubai uae?

Users who are viewing this thread