RIP World Cup Super League 2020-23 (World Cup Qualifier Jun 16 - Jul 9)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Not a start Ireland would have hoped for! 3 wickets down with little to no runs on board.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
A quick 50 from Kevin O'Brien? Or 9fer for Wiley?[DOUBLEPOST=1596116328][/DOUBLEPOST]@wasteyouryouth Ireland need your lannistery batting prowess.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And to think that this was the poor man left out of the World Cup squad!

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
And to think that this was the poor man left out of the World Cup squad!
As a massive Willey fan, he was the only reason I opposed Archer being included in the squad. I knew if it came to including Archer, either Willey or Plunkett would be removed and I didn't want either to be removed.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Also, I hope Ireland don't go around playing KOB in every ODI match from now. Sure, he is needed to mentor the players but I don't see him sticking around till 2023, considering he will be almost 39 by then.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also, I hope Ireland don't go around playing KOB in every ODI match from now. Sure, he is needed to mentor the players but I don't see him sticking around till 2023, considering he will be almost 39 by then.

There is no replacement for O'Brien though at the moment or even in the near future. He mostly plays as a batsman these days and I don't think it is impossible for him to still be a good player at that point who merits selection.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
This is some curious selection from us to be honest - my usual bugbear of zero role awareness from the coaching staff. Of course we lack the players to deliver every single role, but even so this is shoddy and embarrassing for more than just the scoreline.

Harry Tector is a prospect, and although his numbers don't necessarily scream it he's entirely worth persisting with.

Curtis Campher looks like an excellent find - he's picking Rashid and staying composed.

Other than that, I'm still searching for positives at present. Possibly also Gareth Delany's decent showing as a top-order hitter, although there was a lack of longevity to his innings on this occasion.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Just on the format. I like that qualification for the WC is at least on merit for everyone. I would still prefer to see more teams at the World Cup but it at least levels the playing field. I've felt for a long time that a big flaw of international cricket is that it's mostly just 'friendlies' with context coming from historic meaning/rivalries or current competiveness of teams.

The fact that all teams don't play one another seems like a classic ICC anamoly. Assume part of it is down to time but also India and Pakistan. I think it would be more interesting to have two groups of 6 or 7 (with Scotland being the 14th team, I expect). This would mean they could potentially have 3 home and 3 away but do play everyone in their group. That might free up a space for bilateral series which is possibly another reason teams are only playing 8 out of 12 teams.

Curtis Campher looks like an excellent find - he's picking Rashid and staying composed.
It took him about 9 or 10 overs to pick him. He has played very well though.

Users who are viewing this thread