Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I don't really care about career mode ... just saying but so far enjoying the game and waiting for patch # 2:)

Mate, career mode is where it's at. To see your name up in lights adds that little bit that only a personal career mode can add - those that understand what I'm talking about will agree. It's called 'living your dreams through virtual reality'.

That dream comes crashing down when you have a batting avg of 5 after 3 years of playing for your state side no matter what you do.

@Biggs, you're spot on... sometimes batting in career mode really isn't fun at all when you're getting out for low score after low score, no end in sight, it's a frustrating grind. that's when i'll usually go and play a quick T10 or two in casual mode, just getting used to hitting the ball and not worrying if i'm out, i've got another guy along... usually helps me a bit.

i keep at it, and still find it fun "overall" because a)i'm still bad enough that i think 90% of my dismissals or more are entirely my fault and i can usually pinpoint what i did wrong, and b)the speed of the first patch makes me confident the other things will be addressed.

to bring this back to an element of on topicness, for me, Big Ant should take longer over the second patch but make sure the following things are patched:

1) Pace bowler stamina/speed cliff - the speed reductions and not getting back up for 2nd or 3rd spells is uber ridiculous

2) AI field settings - come on, every cricket game in history (even Ashes 13!) knew what a realistic field looked like

3) fielder abilities -
i) as you say, they cover a FAR wider area than they should... i had it illustrated yesterday, one ball i hit a drive, well timed, probably , 15 metres to the right of extra cover - not only did i not get my four but i didn't even have time for a single. very next ball, an even better timed shot 15 metres to the left of extra cover with the exact same result. That's 8 runs i've been robbed of and when I average less than 8 that's enormous.
ii) as i mentioned elsewhere, for every "metre" the fielder has to cover, there should be an appreciable reduction in their ability to catch or even stop a ball. running 50 metres and taking a diving one-handed catch should be something that happens every 100hrs of gameplay, if ever, not once every game.
iii) as you say, the bowler should not be stopping everything going near him... he should have an appreciable "follow through" and during the follow through window his ability to stop anything that doesn't actually hit him should be reduced by circa 95%
4) improve AI batting to make career bowling more of a challenge or at least add variable difficulty to allow say batting on pro bowling on veteran.

almost every other issue, including people moaning about the difficulty of batting will be improved by fixing these four issues. every thing else is cosmetic, or misunderstanding the cause of the issue. i appreciate these may not be easy fixes, but i would honestly rather the next patch come in 5 or 6 months and fix these than be rushed out before the PC release and be more "cosmetic". i would lose a lot of enthusiasm for the game and big ant in general if a patch was released that didn't fix these fundamentals.

as i say, i appreciate that some or all of these are probably not easy fixes, and i am hugely sympathetic to the issue of trying to fix one issue but that resulting in big changes that causes a lot of issues in other areas. that's why i say let the patch wait, get it right. we don't need another patch in a month that just stops the keeper knocking down the stumps or gives us a nicer scorecard.

Best post I've ever read. Ross, I know you've had your issues with blocker, which are behind you now, but please take note of that post, Nailed it Blocker.

@blockerdave and I are singing from the same hymn book again... Looks like we're back to "getting it". The fundamental thing to fix is the fielding stuff. Blocker, did you see the YouTube video I posted in the bugs thread of the "Flash" in the outfield glitch that I get time and time again? Have you seen that on the XBOX version?

Ultimately, it's tweaking the batting so it can be more "fun" than "battle of wills" as it is now. I'm down for a battle every now and then when the match situation calls for it. But battling a silly-mid on, off and a leg gully in the 17th over of a T20 match needing a 6 every over, it's not fun at all. Because the field WILL catch me out, I know it going into that situation so it's lose-lose. If I had a sniff of a chance, as you do in real cricket if you back yourself, then that's FUN. The game, especially career batting mode, needs a healthy spoonful of that element, rather than the grim realities of my mediocre abilities it so accurately replicates...

Last edited:
no, very behind on the youtube stuff both watching and uploading. need to get on it! will check that out and see if i've seen it on xbox.

The speed of the fielders should be kept something like cricket07.Jonty Rhodes has already retired so we just need maxwell and raina.We will be happy with that.

I'm okay with one or two "magic" moments in the field, but as blocker says... it should be 1 in 100 not 1 in 3 as it is currently. Actually, I'd say one-handed-run-back-and-catch-it happens even more than that...

I'm okay with one or two "magic" moments in the field, but as blocker says... it should be 1 in 100 not 1 in 3 as it is currently. Actually, I'd say one-handed-run-back-and-catch-it happens even more than that...

The only problem with this is that IMO (it could be just me) it's too easy to time a straight drive. Now I know it's unrealistic with the bowler managing to stop everything but if mid on and mid off are up then most straight drives that aren't stopped by the bowler go for 4 so if the bowlers reflexes are toned down we could see a lot of down the ground 4s. This could just be me and I time straight drives the best.

I think the main reason for so many backwards running catches are the odd paths to the ball the AI fielders take - they first run towards the line of the ball and then towards it - they never seem to run diagonally.

Seems like the priority is always trying to take a crazy diving catch rather than saving runs.

My other complaint would be the fielders constantly doing this, stopping the ball just inside the rope, but then they stand on the rope to throw it back in and they get 4.

Honestly, some of the crazy diving catches for me make up for the saved runs and catches they would have taken if they didn't run in the wrong direction half the time.

lol yeah..disheartning as a bowler to see a batsman run towards a ball only for him to turn and follow it! lol. if those fielders could hear my screams!!

if they didn't run in the wrong direction half the time.

I know I've hit a six when the fielder at X position runs for about 3 seconds towards the wicket as the first movement, it's like he's running toward me to congratulate me for plowing his teammate into the cheap seats...

...then it's the 180 turn-around and jog towards the fence.

The other, minor, complaint similar to yours Matt, is the fielder "Catching" it beyond the boundary line, which happens in T20 matches. Usually a boundary rider (say, cover) is right on the boundary, I clear him with ease but he still wanders back to catch the ball and throw it up in the air like he's caught it.

I think that's the case of the boundary line being moved in a fair distance for T20 matches but that "hooray I caught it" animation sequence still kicking in?

Mate, career mode is where it's at. To see your name up in lights adds that little bit that only a personal career mode can add - those that understand what I'm talking about will agree. It's called 'living your dreams through virtual reality'.

That dream comes crashing down when you have a batting avg of 5 after 3 years of playing for your state side no matter what you do.

I dunno but I renamed one of Australia's Bowler... that's enough for me....

Agree with the frustration of fielders running toward the ball instead of a line that will cut the ball off.

I still think having a small indicator on the pitch where the ball will be bowled just as it leaves the bowlers hand would make batting so much better.

The other thing that really makes me wince is when the AI batsman try to leave a ball. Instead of moving toward the ball with the front foot and shouldering arms they look more like they are trying to perform some sort of weird limbo dance move after one too many pi?a colladas. The animations for leaving a good length ball are terrible.

I dunno but I renamed one of Australia's Bowler... that's enough for me....

Do you actually ever follow what is going on in a thread? Your posts have the deliberation and awareness of a small tin of spam sometimes.......

I just need two things:

1. Realistic camera angle: Go to youtube and check how cricket is shown on TV. Can't even see the sky to enjoy the length of six I am hitting.

2. Ball marker: So it may get easy to judge the delivery.

Please do it @BigAntStudios

I just need two things:

1. Realistic camera angle: Go to youtube and check how cricket is shown on TV. Can't even see the sky to enjoy the length of six I am hitting.

2. Ball marker: So it may get easy to judge the delivery.

Please do it @BigAntStudios

NEVER! Please do not do it BigAnt......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread