Hyperbole thy name is this thread...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One thing I noted after viewing the game's trailer again is that the trailer had the smooth from the hand release animation, but after patching and stuff it has disappeared...Reasons?? @HBK619

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
To me it appears when the Slow Ball is being bowled , that the from the hand animation lags even more on the replay , than a "normal" speed delivery.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
To me it appears when the Slow Ball is being bowled , that the from the hand animation lags even more on the replay , than a "normal" speed delivery.
The thing is no delivery comes from the hand as of now....Its always outside hand then changes the position based on the type of delivery and then it is delivered...Just have a look at the trailer its so smooth looking...[DOUBLEPOST=1441261777][/DOUBLEPOST]They have to create sets of animation depending on the types of delivery for us to read from hand...I try to do that but its no use in this version, so something they can add for the next version....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The other thing I never understood was: out of the box the non striker always got in the way. Patch 1 or maybe 2 he started getting out of the way with animation... Then patch 2.5 I think they stopped getting out of the way.

Now there's just no collision - so he doesn't get out of the way the ball just goes through him.

Why remove the animation? Table Top Cricket has the non striker get out of the way with an animation, and it worked just fine when it was briefly in DBC - why remove it?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The other thing I never understood was: out of the box the non striker always got in the way. Patch 1 or maybe 2 he started getting out of the way with animation... Then patch 2.5 I think they stopped getting out of the way.

Now there's just no collision - so he doesn't get out of the way the ball just goes through him.

Why remove the animation? Table Top Cricket has the non striker get out of the way with an animation, and it worked just fine when it was briefly in DBC - why remove it?
Yeah, inclusions of gameplay and stuff and making some stuff disappear from the game...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Similarly, saw a genuine inside edge which went to the fine leg region which looked realistic [have hardly seen any], but this doesnt happen too often meaning playing in the wrong line or playing to the cover region to the ball coming in...This is very rare as well...I think the points to be fulfilled to get an inside edge is coded wrong or the event of this happening is made to happen rarely...This was in co-op and happened to the other player...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
and it worked just fine when it was briefly in DBC
I believe the issue was that in some circumstances the animation might result in the non-striker ending up outside the crease, so getting runouts you can't control because of it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I believe the issue was that in some circumstances the animation might result in the non-striker ending up outside the crease, so getting runouts you can't control because of it.

This would be the first time QA picked up something nobody from the forum did...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...isn't that the whole idea of QA?

Users who are viewing this thread