BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Joe Burner

School Cricketer
Something like a highlight reel of all your big shots once you hit 50/100 would be amazing (similar to how TV does it).

Here's a hastily put together example of what I mean:

Furthermore, wouldn't it be amazing to include TV style camera angles, I really dislike the mid air camera positions as it takes away the realism.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Although its not at the top of my list, I'd like to see a trophy cabinet type section in your career, lists could include domestic trophy wins, most runs/wickets in a season, international achievements, all that and more.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
TBH, the whole score presentation, bowling order, way innings are shown... all need to be ditched and presented in a more traditional manner. My nitpick is I want the batsmans highest-score shown across all the various formats and whom it was against.

I honestly think the game is collecting a lot of statistical information but it's either not being presented to us in a logical way or not being shown at all. The fact we don't get a Manhattan or run-rate worm shown on a regular basis (or even a nice "Next In..." pop-up so we can see if an opponent has changed their batting order) is pretty annoying. It's really just the little details that need tweaking. The super-imposed graphic of being able to see your individual players running between wickets is perfect, so there's coding there already been done, it can't be that much harder to use a slightly larger size graphic representation as a pop up to see a little head-shot of the next batsman in?

...if anything, @BigAntStudios should take a quick glance at the Supersport graphics from the recent NZ v SA series and the presentation graphics stuff that was shown. There was some really neat super-imposed stuff on the pitch and from the boundary line which could be easily integrated, the way the presented the "next in" batsman, the Manhattan, run rate required and bowler averages and so on was really slick.

One thing I would do is remove the giant timing-window pop-ups and integrate them into the scorebar across the bottom or super-imposed onto the pitch, because as you're learning to bowl you're not looking at whats happening at all, and that makes it harder to learn timing as a bowler, whereas as a batsman you're looking at the bowler running up and so on from day one...

Niggles.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would love a next in cut scene with the players doing the pose when you upload them to the academy with the name, average and strike rate below...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Absolutely, that's more than necessary. The Supersport stuff done by the South Africa crew presented that really uniquely and it wasn't distracting (like the World Cup shit we got stuck with) ...so I'd lean more towards their style of presentation. I'd also like to be able to "click" on a player in the scorecard and see their stats as well. Not just shown it once as they walk to the wicket... It's nice you can get that in the Academy, but you kinda want all that stuff at your fingertips all the time.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
To be honest there are so many more stats that need to be introduced. Cricket is hugely focused around stats and they missed out on a lot of stats. I would love it if they added stuff like when a bowler gets 100 wickets they bring up a list of fastest to 100 (only if hes in it) and same with 1000 runs and all that...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
To be honest there are so many more stats that need to be introduced

See, I think the game is collecting a lot of the ones that are missing, just not saving them or presenting them. The "No BARS data will be shown on resume/simulation blah blah" is the telltale sign for me. The "1000 runs" and all that data is actually being collected because it's tied to achievements and trophies. It's just not being displayed regularly or shown in an innovative manner.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Certainly there, I have heard commentators saying the player has crossed 2000, 3000 runs etc just not presented like the maidens which are there in the stadiume scoreboard

Yeah I'm career mode they say when you've gone past 2k etc.

Agree completely with what's been said. Am certain too most or all info is tracked, it's just the presentation is really poor with some very strange omissions.

Thankfully it should be something that can be rectified easily.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
What I want but I doubt will happen is if you can link an academy player to his cricinfo page and have his base stats updated everytime you open the game or have it update once, pretty sure Cricket Heroes have that and theres a cricket 07 mod ...

Users who are viewing this thread