India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Rahane gone! Stage perfectly set for once-the-best-finisher-in-the-world-but-not-anymore Dhoni. The situation demands it though. This is one of the rare times when I actually want him to let the bowlers get on him for a few overs before he starts attacking. I hope Binny keeps his cool at the other end. Losing him will mount more pressure on Dhoni.

Fenil

I`m surprised noone has mentioned this yet. For a group that features Zimbabwe and Ireland, India could even be looking at a first round exit in this WC. I think both those games would be in NZ and if the conditions are seam friendly, we might end up being upset in one of those games. This side looks anything but settled in the lead up to the WC. The selection choices also show how scared we are of losing. Binny, Axar and Jadeja are all just half-bowlers and half-batsmen. Playing three of them in the same team is`nt going to scare anybody. Plus, Mohit`s selection in what could be the last game before the WC is baffling. Already we have passengers in the squad in the form of Ishant and Co.

Anything more than a Q/F berth would be a huge surprise. This is our worst WC squad since 1996 and even that squad had Srinath, Prasad, Kumble and co.
I don't think so we will be out in the first round itself. Zimbabwe are nowhere near they once where under Streak while Ireland has lost some key players from their stint in the WC last time.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its best to enjoy this World Cup as a neutral. India`s chances of winning is the least among the top 8 IMO.

Fenil

can we get murali viajy in ?
We should have a 3 month long England tour every year. No, I'm serious. The conditions around England are so varying it will make our cricketers better suited for all conditions. If only they, at least some of them, would've preferred to play in county cricket over IPL. County cricket has always been beneficial for cricketers world over. Indians are no exception. It helped Dinesh Mongia to hone his technique, it helped Zaheer to develop his skills and return as a much better bowler and I don't see a reason why it can't benefit our current players too. We should play more county cricket but than it (cricket) is mostly about money now in India.

PokerAce

Banned
I am starting to believe in Time Travel ... Indian cricket has gone back to the 90s.

I still think that a 230 total was defendable, but it seems we are not going to get there to begin with.

If only they, at least some of them, would've preferred to play in county cricket over IPL.

Err ... why should county cricket be picked over IPL? There is plenty of time in the calender to play both. Why should it be a choice of one or the other.

aditya123

National Board President
Its atrocious, the way we are playing at the moment we would struggle to beat Scotland and Zimbabwe. At the moment, we can`t seem to last 50 overs. It may not be the actual WC side but it isn`t too far off either.

Fenil

Err ... why should county cricket be picked over IPL? There is plenty of time in the calender to play both. Why should it be a choice of one or the other.
Because they are humans. They need rest. Can't go play high level of cricket almost every day.

grkrama

National Board President
someone needed to play sensinbly here every run will count in these conditons[DOUBLEPOST=1422599850][/DOUBLEPOST]even a 190 could help

Fenil

1st ball on the Head and Last ball on the knee.
Anderson's spell is the best I've seen since Dale Steyn's series of outswingers against Rohit Sharma (Steyn didn't managed to get him out in that spell though). I love how top bowlers set the batsmen up. Love the process.

aditya123

National Board President
I`ll just sum this side up for you,

Rahane --- Trying too hard and is playing too many shots
Dhawan --- Hit and miss
Rayadu --- Not sure what he can do
Kohli --- Scored too many runs far too early, soon to come crashing down
Nohit Sharma --- Won`t score when it matters
Raina --- Mediocre when there is anything out there for the bowlers
Dhoni --- Has`nt played a meaningful ODI knock for ages. Is no more a huge threat that he was
Jadeja --- Has`nt played a cricket match for 3 months and yet gets into the side
Axar --- A T20 pick
Ashwin --- Where is he?
Yadav --- Where is he - II ?
Shami --- Out of rhythm
Ishant --- Bowling avg of 40+ in tests. Has`nt played ODIs for ages, Still gets into the WC side
Binny --- Luckiest guy in India
Bhuvi --- Another one on the injury list. Picked on past glory.

I can`t find a single player who is certain of himself in that squad. We are going into the WC winless. The best this side can do is to not disgrace itself here.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
relax, guys. this is all a giant ruse. kohli is luring the other teams into a false sense of security, and then BAM! he's got this.

PokerAce

Banned
I`ll just sum this side up for you,

Rahane --- Trying too hard and is playing too many shots
Dhawan --- Hit and miss
Rayadu --- Not sure what he can do
Kohli --- Scored too many runs far too early, soon to come crashing down
Nohit Sharma --- Won`t score when it matters
Raina --- Mediocre when there is anything out there for the bowlers
Dhoni --- Has`nt played a meaningful ODI knock for ages. Is no more a huge threat that he was
Jadeja --- Has`nt played a cricket match for 3 months and yet gets into the side
Axar --- A T20 pick
Ashwin --- Where is he?
Yadav --- Where is he - II ?
Shami --- Out of rhythm
Ishant --- Bowling avg of 40+ in tests. Has`nt played ODIs for ages, Still gets into the WC side
Binny --- Luckiest guy in India
Bhuvi --- Another one on the injury list. Picked on past glory.

I can`t find a single player who is certain of himself in that squad. We are going into the WC winless. The best this side can do is to not disgrace itself here.

Calm down :D You are a typical Indian cynical fan, who swings between either us as the best or worst. The team is not as poor as you are making it out to be. Yes they have been poor, but going winless and what not, calm down.

Users who are viewing this thread