India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ravi's got to be livid that despite Woakes getting played off the park, the captain didn't bowl him!

To be fair, that's two issues. The first, I quite like, because unlike Cook, Morgan doesn't just bowl him for the hell of it. If we were going well with the ball, Cook always used to give Bopara a few overs, which seemed a bit pointless. So that I like from Morgan.

The other bit, is Woakes bowling in the last few overs. He didn't bowl that well at the start, but you'd think you'd save the other 3 for the last 5 overs or so, as at least they have more experience. So that's a negative on Morgan.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Maxwell shaves and gets his batting best and best bowling figures together in the same match, coincident?

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
To be fair, that's two issues. The first, I quite like, because unlike Cook, Morgan doesn't just bowl him for the hell of it. If we were going well with the ball, Cook always used to give Bopara a few overs, which seemed a bit pointless. So that I like from Morgan.

The other bit, is Woakes bowling in the last few overs. He didn't bowl that well at the start, but you'd think you'd save the other 3 for the last 5 overs or so, as at least they have more experience. So that's a negative on Morgan.

Yeah but its poor of Morgan to just bowl 10 overs from each of your 5 bowlers, when one is clearly struggling. I've been harsh to Ravi over the years, but I'd pick him on his batting alone. But he can bowl as well and today should have been given a few overs.

I guess us England fans are in for a disappointing WC.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Carlton Mid Tri-Series The most boring cricket matches I have ever seen...

It was just World Cup dress rehearsal. If the WC hadn't been there, this series wouldn't have even happened and it would have been an even more boring bilateral ODI series between India and Australia.

By the way, do we have a WC thread? Can't seem to find it.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Glenn Maxwell had some bad luck since IPL he never gone ahead of 95 and in the final of tri series again he fell on 95 :facepalm

lion100lion

International Coach
By the way, do we have a WC thread? Can't seem to find it.
I will not create thread for World Cup. I mean that me creating a thread for International cricket, is jinxed. I created thread for the Indian tour of Australia, Indian tour of New Zealand.. and we all know how India lost there.
I think that some one among the staff will create it...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Till the World Cup section/thread is opened, let's use this thread for India related discussion.

Ishant in doubt for World Cup: Reports - Cricbuzz

This is ridiculous! I don't care about Ishant being doubtful. But if Bhuvi is ruled out of the WC, we are pretty much screwed. Not sure how well Kulkarni can do considering that he hasn't played too many international games. Hope Bhuvi's niggles are not too serious. Seriously, this Australia tour has sucked all the energy out of the team. The team looks jaded, tired and struggling. Probably that's why Kohli who started the tour off sensationally with a wonderful test series, is now struggling in ODI's due to overwork.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
best would be to make a quick trip back home, and take days off before WC

I would partly agree on this. Players like Kohli, Dhoni, Rahane, Ashwin, Dhawan, who have been in Australia for a long time could possibly get a breather by taking a quick trip back home. Especially Kohli. He is the one who is seeing diminishing returns as the tour has gone by.

Users who are viewing this thread