Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think the game will be more fleshed out than the bare bones structure it has now like in career, animations. stadiums, scenarios etc also i believe there will be visual improvements but cant see the core structure they have got now changing.

Hopefully not. For me, the way Cricket games succeed is on a revolution/evolution model - the next one should be a heavily refined and improved DBC14. Then you look to see if you need to make major changes on the 3rd version: sometimes adding a bunch of new features is enough: if it isn't, then you need to start again.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
New set of animations, stadium creator, improved graphics, same core gameplay with getting the AI balanced, getting the stats right will be perfect for the next iteration...

grkrama

National Board President
Hopefully not. For me, the way Cricket games succeed is on a revolution/evolution model - the next one should be a heavily refined and improved DBC14. Then you look to see if you need to make major changes on the 3rd version

I believe none of the things i put above fall under major category from my perspective.

I believe all games iterate this way ( games with 1 or 2 year cycle )

CORE

MAKE IT MASSIVE

MASSIVE AWESOMENESS

REHAUL

I believe a core built well will last atleast two iterations of a game, before technology changes drastically.

the next one should be a heavily refined and improved DBC14.

thats patch 3 :p

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
thats patch 3 :p

Ha. Granted, yes... but from a business perspective that's not sustainable. I'd willingly forgo a 3rd patch and pay for a new version to be honest: I don't know how far BA are out of pocket from DBC14, but I'd have been perfectly happy to go in for another £50 for a DBC 15 that built on what was already there in order to support the development.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think DBC requires an overhaul. BigAnt has done a remarkable job of finding the X on the treasure map. Now its just a matter of refining every piece of it. My only worry is that will the current engine, even while fleshed out, be able to process much more information? Because I very clearly remember @mikeymerren saying there was a possibility of showing different variations in the delivery release while working on current gen which alternatively can't be done on previous gen due to memory issues. But given they didn't do it for DBC 14 current gen release, they might do it for the next.

Also I remember MLB: The Show developers talk about the crowd variations were improved from 100 to 1000 while using the current gen memory. This is why I am expecting a different experience on the current gen atleast cosmetically, for now.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I don't think DBC requires an overhaul. BigAnt has done a remarkable job of finding the X on the treasure map. Now its just a matter of refining every piece of it. My only worry is that will the current engine, even while fleshed out, be able to process much more information? Because I very clearly remember @mikeymerren saying there was a possibility of showing different variations in the delivery release while working on current gen which alternatively can't be done on previous gen due to memory issues. But given they didn't do it for DBC 14 current gen release, they might do it for the next.

Also I remember MLB: The Show developers talk about the crowd variations were improved from 100 to 1000 while using the current gen memory. This is why I am expecting a different experience on the current gen atleast cosmetically, for now.
Yeah its gonna be crucial as to the decision they take on how to approach, whether to prepare the game for current gen and PC after that tweaking the game to get it to fit in the previous gen....Many have remained in the previous gen including me but a very good graphics upgradation is surely expected off BA but dont know how it will cope up in previous gen consoles...[DOUBLEPOST=1431888293][/DOUBLEPOST]Would be great if they release early access for the game and make everyone join in the creation of the game...

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah its gonna be crucial as to the decision they take on how to approach, whether to prepare the game for current gen and PC after that tweaking the game to get it to fit in the previous gen....Many have remained in the previous gen including me but a very good graphics upgradation is surely expected off BA but dont know how it will cope up in previous gen consoles...[DOUBLEPOST=1431888293][/DOUBLEPOST]Would be great if they release early access for the game and make everyone join in the creation of the game...

Ross did say they will be having early access surely. Its on this same thread from a couple of days back I think.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Ha. Granted, yes... but from a business perspective that's not sustainable. I'd willingly forgo a 3rd patch and pay for a new version to be honest: I don't know how far BA are out of pocket from DBC14, but I'd have been perfectly happy to go in for another £50 for a DBC 15 that built on what was already there in order to support the development.
Though if you were someone who bought the newly released PS4/One version of DBC a few months back, then you'd probably be much less inclined to do so.

I don't think we can extrapolate much from this forum on what the general market would do. I think as a whole the game is seen as overpriced - especially on console in the UK. I can't see them being able to turn around to the wider audience and ask for more money for the scale of change they'd be able to make in time for a '15' release. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you buying RLL3 and Lacrosse when they come out though.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I'm sure they wouldn't mind you buying RLL3 and Lacrosse when they come out though.

I'll support Rugby League when I'm cold in the grave, but I'd be interested in Lacrosse... Sadly information on that (well, both in fact) is very scarce. On the original timelines Lacrosse should be imminent, but there's been no update on that since it was funded. They released the editor, but dodged all attempts to ask where the actual game they were promised is, or is even expected.
RLL3 looks to have the classic Tru Blu roll-out - a couple of haphazard, ill-thought-out screenshots with bizarre messaging, no clue of a release date, and an increasingly feral Facebook audience foaming at the mouth for any date or video.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I don't think we can extrapolate much from this forum on what the general market would do. I think as a whole the game is seen as overpriced - especially on console in the UK.

I agree with both these points: the pricing is a joke, but then probably the right thing for this version TBH: get as much money from those who WOULD be willing to buy it and LET the people who probably would never have considered buying it joke about the huge price. I don't think it would have put anyone who was genuinely going to buy it off.

The second version will have the plaudits of the first behind it, and be established as a quality brand. Hopefully this, coupled with regular pricing and some sort of marketing campaign, will see it fly.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I agree with both these points: the pricing is a joke, but then probably the right thing for this version TBH: get as much money from those who WOULD be willing to buy it and LET the people who probably would never have considered buying it joke about the huge price. I don't think it would have put anyone who was genuinely going to buy it off.

The second version will have the plaudits of the first behind it, and be established as a quality brand. Hopefully this, coupled with regular pricing and some sort of marketing campaign, will see it fly.

If they slash the price of 14 on the steam version right before the Ashes I reckon it could be pretty lucrative. Pick up some of that casual market.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
If they slash the price of 14 on the steam version right before the Ashes I reckon it could be pretty lucrative. Pick up some of that casual market.

Either a sale around the Ashes or maybe one of those "Free for a weekend" deals.
Key to that though I think would be A) The Patch for those that already have the game and B) A new marketing campaign to actually draw attention to it. Nothing huge, but something.
A perfect storm of all of those things could get a nice little groundswell and second wave of consumers, particularly in the UK and AUS.

I think RLL is due out next month (although no official date has been given), so assuming that's all wrapped up (they'd be in submission by now) there may be more resources available soon. All speculation of course. :)

RobinHood

Club Cricketer
Whilst I was more than happy to pay the price asked for the PS3 version, after all, it is a niche game from a small developer I want to support, it was the PS4/Xbone pricing that I had an issue with (although its not BA's fault). It seemed to be the worst of both worlds, too expensive for casual players and too expensive for people who already had the game like me to justify just a graphical upgrade (obviously that's subjective).

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I remember a few months back CO-op was mentioned for career mode if not mistaken?
is this still in the pipeline?

Users who are viewing this thread