Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Max out arm speed and anticipation for wicket keepers. It works Cricket_online as I was having the same problem as you guys and then after doing this I got my first stumping a few games later. I don't think this will work however for online games because of the balancing mechanism.

I'm not saying it speeds up the animation but it does make them react faster.

Ok , I will give it a go .

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...has anyone else unlocked the secret 36th Achievement?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
It unlocks once you complete all 37

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
...has anyone else unlocked the secret 36th Achievement?
Isn't that the one where you have to beat @MattW online? :p

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing the PC version for the first time in a long time and spinners are a lot harder to play than they are on PS4.

So i've been practising in the nets :)

oQYGn2L.png

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Playing the PC version for the first time in a long time and spinners are a lot harder to play than they are on PS4.

So i've been practising in the nets :)

oQYGn2L.png
Practice match is much better than nets...You have got fielders to clear in them and another advantage is any kind of dismissal, you can make use of DRS unlimited....:D
All the best playing spinners, I though feel spinners are easy to face in PC than PS3....

Vignesh Rao S

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is really a great game. But there are two things really missing and makes the cricket game fans disappointed.
  • Helicopter Shot - Which is one of the greatest shots in cricket and which fan really like to play in the cricket games and which increases the momentum of the game itself
  • Malinga Bowling Game - Which is a Unique type of bowling style and also a tough type usually batsman faces in real cricket. I saw a 50 % similar type of bowling bowled by malinga in Ashes Cricket 2009.
Creating such a shot and bowling style by Big Ant won't be a big deal. Hence, expecting it in the further update on the game.

I rate the game as 9/10. Because this is a complete game of cricket that can be played in a console and PC.

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
I wanted to better understand how the arm speed attribute correlates to bowling speed and also understand why Medium pacers seem to be a bit too slow in this game, so I've taken note of how fast certain bowlers in this game bowl in relation to arm speed (on a 50-99 scale), and these are the results for a standard straight seam delivery with good timing on jump input and release point;

Fast bowler, maximum (99) arm speed: 151.2 km/h
Fast bowler, 82 arm speed: 148.1 km/h

Fast-Medium bowler, maximum (99) arm speed: 140.4 km/h
Fast-Medium bowler, 85 arm speed: 137.9 km/h
Fast-Medium bowler, 75 arm speed: 136.0 km/h

Medium bowler, maximum (99) arm speed: 126.0 km/h
Medium bowler, 82 arm speed: 120.4 km/h

So arm speed makes a subtle but noticeable difference to the speeds of Fast and Fast-Medium bowlers, and the drop-off in pace appears to be similar for both bowling styles, with a 10.8 km/h difference between a Fast bowler and a Fast-Medium bowler if arm speed is the same on both, and presumably a 9-9.5 km/h difference between a bowler with maximum arm speed and one with minimum.

Medium pace, on the other hand, is quick enough when arm speed is at or close to maximum, but the pace falls away very quickly, with what appears to be an over 16 km/h difference between the fastest and slowest Medium pacers. What myself and others can take away from this is that right now, it's almost a necessity for a Medium pacer who's known to be a solid part-time or even first change bowler in real life to either have an arm speed attribute that's at or close to maximum, or otherwise be classified as a Fast-Medium with minimum arm speed.

Perhaps the correlation between arm speed and bowling speed for Medium pacers could be tweaked in patch 3...

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is really a great game. But there are two things really missing and makes the cricket game fans disappointed.
  • Helicopter Shot - Which is one of the greatest shots in cricket and which fan really like to play in the cricket games and which increases the momentum of the game itself
  • Malinga Bowling Game - Which is a Unique type of bowling style and also a tough type usually batsman faces in real cricket. I saw a 50 % similar type of bowling bowled by malinga in Ashes Cricket 2009.
Creating such a shot and bowling style by Big Ant won't be a big deal. Hence, expecting it in the further update on the game.

I rate the game as 9/10. Because this is a complete game of cricket that can be played in a console and PC.

You do understand adding these will require new mo-caps, design, animations, integrating these new animations in the game and so on so forth. In nutshell, making these changes will be a "big deal" and are more of a next iteration of the DBC franchise items, not something that can be patched in easily.

Users who are viewing this thread