No Requests Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): 1990's Bat and Equipment Sponsor Pack Released

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The 1988 to 1992 World Series Cup kits are now available for download.

The package has the kit including sweater and jumper plus the team names in the form of sponsor templates for the 7 different teams competing during the era.

Known issues are as follows:
  1. The sponsors template which includes the team names is not completely accurate for the font used. It's close but the information I have is that the font used on the real kits was customised for the then Australian Cricket Board and the Nine Network in Australia. If anyone can make a recommendation for a more accurate font, I am happy to make changes.
  2. There is also an issue where the sleeveless sweater does not show the horizontal stripes of the second and third colour on the right sleeve. This appears to be a limitation of the template itself, however if anyone can tell me how to get this to show once again I will make the changes.
The Countries and their sponsors are:
  1. Australia - ACD
  2. England - Cadastral
  3. India - Commtask
  4. New Zealand - Diazo Bank
  5. Pakistan - Herotrac
  6. Sri Lanka - Landmark Energy
  7. West Indies - Logifund
Should you encounter any other issues with this kit I would welcome your feedback.

To install I recommend:
  1. First back up your My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures folder.
  2. Extract '1988 - 1992 WSC' to a temporary folder.
  3. Copy the 'textures' folder over the file of the same name in your My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder.
I hope you enjoy using the kit.AUS.jpg
ENG.jpg NZ.jpg PAK.jpg SL.jpg WI.jpg IND.jpg

Next project 1999 World Cup kits starting with India!

India 1.jpg

Attachments

• 1988 - 1992 WSC.zip
    146.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

clivelloyd

Club Cricketer
Thank you so much off to the Adelaide Oval, 1990 England v NZ. Excellent work love the memories and the Gray Nicholls bats are a treat.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Thank you so much off to the Adelaide Oval, 1990 England v NZ. Excellent work love the memories and the Gray Nicholls bats are a treat.

You're welcome, I am really pleased you like the kits and bats. I am playing through the 1991/92 season at the moment with India and the West indies. It was a great summer with the 1992 World Cup at the end.

I have great memories of that era myself and it was the first time I was able to go to world cup matches. My favourite memory is of the 1 run win by Australia against India at the Gabba, not so much the result itself but of the excitement of the match. There were many greats of the game playing during that World cup like Allan Border, the Waugh brothers, Richie Richardson, Courtney Walsh, Martin Crowe, Ian Botham, Sachin Tendulkar and so many others. As I said great memories...

hassanulhaq

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
may be it looks awkward to you but i love that English kit can u plz make this kit???
1024x_1.jpg
[/url] gifs upload[/IMG] its from cricket 2002!!

Attachments

• 1024x-1.jpg
    1024x-1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 57
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 57
  • screenshot_cricket_2002_10.jpg
    screenshot_cricket_2002_10.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 732736-cricket-2002-playstation-2-screenshot-after-the-usual-logos.png
    732736-cricket-2002-playstation-2-screenshot-after-the-usual-logos.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 53
  • cricket2002_032802_03_640w.jpg
    cricket2002_032802_03_640w.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 54
  • cricket023.jpg
    cricket023.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 57
  • l2Hqu.jpg
    l2Hqu.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 53

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
may be it looks awkward to you but i love that English kit can u plz make this kit???
1024x_1.jpg
[/url] gifs upload[/IMG] its from cricket 2002!!

This one doesn't look too hard. I'm working on the Indian '99 World Cup kit at the moment but I will add your request to the list and I'll release it in the near future.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I know some time ago I agreed to start work on the 99 World Cup Kits. I have made progress although I am having issues with some of the limitations regarding the sleeves of kits.

Yesterday though my teenage son asked me if I could make some Test kits from the 1990's as he has been watching some of my highlights DVDs of the period.

Here they are, complete with vests, jumpers and sponsors of the time. I know that some of the teams had a number of different sponsors during the 1990s, so if you have a particular favourite, I'm happy to make it for you.

Keep in mind some countries still use the jumpers, so if anyone wishes to use my kits as a benchmark for other kits you are of course welcome to do so.

Kits for each country are as follows:

pattern_00 - Australia (95) & India (96)
pattern_01 - England (MCC) (94)
pattern_02 - Sri Lanka (late 90's) & Zimbabwe (2000)
pattern_03 - New Zealand (93/94)
pattern_04 - Pakistan (late 90's)
pattern_05 - South Africa (93/94)
pattern_06 - West Indies (92/93)

Sponsors for each country are as follows:
The Countries and their sponsors are:
  1. Australia - ACD
  2. England - Cadastral
  3. India - Commtask
  4. New Zealand - Diazo Bank
  5. Pakistan - Herotrac
  6. South Africa - Interworth
  7. Sri Lanka - Landmark Energy
  8. West Indies - Logifund
  9. Zimbabwe
To install:
  1. Extract the zip file to a temporary folder
  2. Back up your My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ folder
  3. Copy the extracted 90s Test Kits folder and paste over your My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder replacing any files it asks you to. If you wish to keep some of the sponsor files just rename the files in this pack.
  4. You are done!
If you have any issues just let me know.

Once again any constructive feedback is most welcome. Hope you enjoy...

Australia.jpg England.jpg India.jpg New Zealand.jpg Pakistan.jpg South Africa.jpg Sri Lanka.jpg West Indies.jpg Zimbabwe.jpg

Attachments

• 90s Test Kits.zip
    134.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Those are great. And I see you have my Eddo Brandes too!!

I picked him up with the Zimbabwe 1992 World Cup Squad. I am in the process of recreating that tournament as a tour, that way I can manipulate the grounds and schedule better.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@quincy159 - what am I doing wrong mate i'm trying to set this up for my England worst xi to have the MCC kit.

I've set their sponsor to cadastral, but Tetley Bitter only shows up on the t20 kit - the test and ODI ones show up cadastral.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
have to say it looks awesome... I have set up the Aus 90s squad in the XXXX one too. Reckon I might be playing that after the 82 Rebel Tour!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the kit.

Let me know how both series goes, I'm interested to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread