How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Was in great touch today in career with continuous fifties and a hundred...Really good innings those as the target were really big in those matches...

The time I came in, the req run rate was close to 8.3, so I had to pace up quickly to get the rate lower so that even after getting out the team can chase the score down..

2015-07-07_00002.jpg

Really important partnership at that stage as keeping the wickets in hand is really crucial in big chases.. And after that partnership I got out at 77 ....On a good note team ended on the winning side...:)

2015-07-08_00001.jpg

Continuing the good form in the next match as well...

2015-07-08_00002.jpg
Same situation here as well needed a quick innings as the target in this match was even higher than the previous match 343...And as before another partnership...

2015-07-08_00003.jpg
Was dominant in that partnership...In the 90's had a really an awesome moment where the spinner bowler a drifting spin delivery and I tried playing straight and the ball hit on the pads and umpire gave that out, was on 96 at the time...Though it looked out to me as well I reviewed it and to my total surprise it was not hitting the stump by a very close margin and was over turned...Really good moment there in the game...

2015-07-08_00004.jpg
And after that drama comfortable reached century...:D

2015-07-08_00005.jpg

After that I started scoring in a more faster pace as I wanted to do the same thing like in previous match lowering the req run rate so that the team finishes the match winning it...And I got out on 134 mistiming one straight to the bowler [pace] who bowled a beautiful slower ball well disguised...And similar to the previous match the team won this time as well chasing a mammoth 343...

2015-07-08_00006.jpg

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
can you guys tell me...how do you handle (as a RH Batsman) the around the wicket fast bowling on Legend? Nothing I seem to do (back/front foot, block, drive, cut, etc) seems to stop the nicks to the keeper or slips. Now I just bang everything to square leg.
Take guard on leg stump and then try to play through of side with both trigger pressed.
Watch out for slow yorkers .
From here you can play on both sides.
Try to play on back foot through off side, it looks cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1436377955][/DOUBLEPOST]
The only possible ways you can do it is counting them as you play or looking at the big wheel, but won't work if you play an innings over multiple sessions
Yep thats what i do , i usually take screen shot of bigwheel before saving the game

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Take guard on leg stump and then try to play through of side with both trigger pressed.
Watch out for slow yorkers .
From here you can play on both sides.
Try to play on back foot through off side, it looks cool.

yeah I seem to nick almost everything which is weird. Haven't tried the aggressive ground shot though - might give that a go. Cheers mate.

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As much as the pro view gives you a new dimension to the game
I found it a bit irritating as there seems to be a few blind spots and the camera switch to when you are running is a bit annoying as hell

but with this view it makes it a little harder to slog, it out the whole time and scoring becomes a little more realistic (if you understand what I mean)

bingtin

Club Cricketer
Into my fifth season as a fast bowler from NSW, previous season took over 100 wickets, played a season of county with Nottinghamshire, finished up leading wicket taker in the competition, played a couple of Tests for Australia, did alright there, took a few wickets. Go back to NSW this season, awarded the captaincy of the First Class team... and now I can't buy a wicket. My bowling stats after three matches: 9 wickets. Leading wicket taker to date has 22.

Anyone else experienced this dip in form since being awarded the captaincy?

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Im doing live broadcast right now at Twitch

ntrav

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
FINALLY scoring runs in my career. Something clicked in the 2nd year and all of a sudden I had a run of about 4/5 games where I went past 50.

Now in my third year, aged 18, averaging 42 in the Pro 40 tournament thanks to a 133 in my first game and some 30/40s.

Been through a bit of a dip in the 4 day games. Went about 8 inns without passing 50 then got 75 against Worcestershire. Currently 35* in a 4 day game, can't remember against who.

Been getting out playing silly shots trying to force the pace (even in 4 day games). The tactic that seems to have brought me the most success is to go at the bowling until they spread the field then pick the gaps off, but I feel like recently that's not been working?!? I need to go back to being a bit more patient.

Currently "Very close" to Australian 50 ovr selection; No chance of Shield cricket?!? A fair way off of the IPL and the West Indian ODI team and the rest are "No chance"

Sagarnil16

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Yes I just started my DBC career in 16 yrs old. my role is WK batsman. batting position no. 4 .

ntrav

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just had a horrible run of 4 first ball ducks. Some of em we just playing a forward defensive shot to a ball on/around off stump! To say I was annoyed would be an understatement.

This came off of the back of 3 T20 50's all match-winning. I'm now Very Close to the Australian 50 Ovr and T20 Tournaments and a Fair Way Off the IPL and the West Indian ODI team. The West Indian T20 team is a Long Way Off and I have No Chance in the Australian Shield or West Indian test side (I don't disagree)!

It seems so much easier to bat in limited overs games?!? Everything I try comes off. Whereas in the 4 day games I just always seem to get out. Currently 37* in the 2nd inns of a 4 day game chasing 189 to win. I'd love an unbeaten century! Gonna really try and grind this one out.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
scored my 4th FC ton , but it was not at all satisfying, most of my runs came through mid on and mid wicket.2015-07-12_00002.jpg

Niraj Lalwani

Club Captain
I m doing as a batsman in pro level in my 2nd season batting at no 4...hard to bat in County match but I m about to select in all 3 formats of Aus domestic teams...

Cricketwes

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
My career's doing OK so far. Had the game for ~1 week, bowling A-R coming in at no.6 for Kent CCC, nothing yet from the Aussie domestic teams but gaining interest in the Sheffield Shield. First class matches are doing well with a bat avg of ~28 and BBM is 11-70 or something like that so not a bad start

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
5th2015-07-14_00006.jpg I blame Packed offside field :D
2015-07-14_00007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread